Whats upcoming for Intel?

Just wanted to stay in the loop, haven't really be able to find any results but Whats next for Intel? 4th gen i series?

I know AMD will be releasing their Piledriver Arcs here in a few weeks ( just bought a Toshiba laptop with the new Piledriver based Trinity chip A10-4600m and I'm very impressed) And Intel has already released Ivy but im curious if anyone is in the know or has some base knowledge of whats down the line for Intel?

I was hoping it wouldnt be in the form of say a 4th gen i7..dont get me wrong thier good chips, I would milk them too but I was hoping for a fresh new architecture like they did when they went from the Core to Nehalem arcs. Which was a HUGE improvement if I might add.

Edited by DnaAngel

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobile trinity isn't full trinity ;) Plus Piledriver has L3 cache of noticable.

Never said it was, just stated a bought a new laptop with Piledriver based trinity chip and that I really liked it.

Mobile versions of CPU and GPUs are always watered down versions IMO. Even the best mainstream gaming laptop cant play BF3 max settings yet. Your still much better off gaming on desktops, not to mention at half the price.

Edited by DnaAngel

I'm probably gonna wait for steamroller considering AMD are standardising socket AM3+ for desktops

Aren't the sockets being standardized after Steamroller?

@OP I know I just wanted to say that what you're seeing should be Piledrivers full capability... unless they didn't change anything since the trinity went gold :(

Aren't the sockets being standardized after Steamroller?

@OP I know I just wanted to say that what you're seeing should be Piledrivers full capability... unless they didn't change anything since the trinity went gold :(

I never crossed my fingers, since I called Bulldozer a disappointment way before it was released and before benchies were ever announced. Despite being ridiculed many times on this site. I believe it was from your very own thread about Llano updates.

Im more interested in Steamroller which is a TICK session.

the laptop I got out performed even 1k$ Intel based ones

Edited by DnaAngel

Yes ive read this, its disappointing to read since Nahalem to Sandy wasnt much of a performance improvement like we saw going to Nahalem from Core. Based on Wiki we should see 8 implementations of the Core i series cpus?

Sandies are much more efficient and cool running (aka much better for mobile). I see that in my i5(Gen 2) versus my girlfriend's i3 (Gen 1), I get way better battery life and temperatures with mine.