Integrated graphics

Cyberbeer

Would this computer with integrated graphics be good enough for my grandmother to play her facebook games? She plays Cafe World and Farmville mostly. This seems like a silly question but I've never used a computer with integrated graphics. She is currently using my pretty high end lap top since her old one died.

B960 CPU.

l like this one better, I3 2330 hd3000 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230569

Or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230579

new B960 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230265

Picked up a Samsung NP300E5A-A02UB I3 2350M HD3000 I would expct it tp do fine on Farmville, etc.

was there a thread about farmville taking a lot of power to play on high settings? I swear there is one on this website.

LOL, I remember that one. That guy was running an X58 setup with a GTX 480 IIRC and thought he needed to upgrade to get better performance in farmville. :lol:

I think the consensus was that he needed to get faster internet service or something, no one agreed it was hardware related.

Edited by 90sgamer

I went ahead and spent the extra money on an Acer Aspire. Its an A8 versus i3 or i5 but it has dedicated graphics and its brand new. She shouldnt have any problems with it.

The A8 is an APU not a CPU, meaning it has the graphics chip on the same die as the processor. Having said that, there would not be any major disadvantage to using an APU...unless someone invents a Facebook version of MW3 :lol:

Anyway, I digress. I agree, the APU should be more than powerful enough to run FarmVille.

Edited by EuroFight

The A8 is an APU not a CPU, meaning it has the graphics chip on the same die as the processor. Having said that, there would not be any major disadvantage to using an APU...unless someone invents a Facebook version of MW3 :lol:

Anyway, I digress. I agree, the APU should be more than powerful enough to run FarmVille.

The APU would be noticeably better than any of Intel's integrated graphics :huh:

Sandy Bridge I3/I5 laptops come with HD3000 on CPU graphics, not for serious gaming.

Ivy Bridge I3/I5 laptops come with HD4000 on CPU graphics, equivalent to Lano graphic.

Both the above have much better CPU performance than than A6 or A8.

Trinity offers better graphics than HD4000, better CPU performance than Llano, not sure it matches (or comes close to) either I3 in CPU performance.

For games the APU chosen should do well as long as CPU needs are moderate.