Smart Phone Comparison

Fogel

Which Smart Phone do you prefer? (say why below)  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which Smart Phone would you pick if buying today?

• Sony Xperia T / TX
    • HTC One X
    • Samsung Galaxy S3
    • Nokia Lumia 920
    • iPhone 5
    • Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx
    • (other - specify in topic)
    • None - Don't want to pay for a data plan (I don't have a smart phone)
    • None - Don't want to pay for a data plan (I do HAVE a smart phone)

Snapdragon S4 not the older S3. Also dual core vs all the quads atm. It pulls better performance than the quads and with the smaller size of the Snapdragon S4 it should pull better battery than previous gen Xperias and comparable battery life to the HTC One X and Galaxy S3 granted not the Droid Razr MAXX :lol: You will definitely be able to make it through a day of normal use.

True.. I'm just worried cause of my experience with the HTC Sensation (Dead within 6 hours of idling...)

About the performance, I personally don't care if it performs marginally better at this stage. Just like how I don't really see much improvement in overclocking an SB/IB CPU in day to day usage (at least for now)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.. I'm just worried cause of my experience with the HTC Sensation (Dead within 6 hours of idling...)

About the performance, I personally don't care if it performs marginally better at this stage. Just like how I don't really see much improvement in overclocking an SB/IB CPU in day to day usage (at least for now)

Well I don't see much point in quad core phones haha

Soon as the T/TX (preferably TX) is available for aus I shall get it to replace my now very aged Xperia X10

Fogel

I'd strongly suggest just running down to the local verizon store and test driving a few phones... or if any of the buddies have them test drive those as well...

What I look for.

Newest OS... I prefer Android so you want something in the 4.0 flavor. My current phone is 2.3v and it does fine but it slightly underpowered

CPU.... is it a dual core and what speed is it? I dont go for the fastest out of the gate as I prefer a mix of speed and battery life...I'll gladly give up CPU speed for longer battery life.

Battery life... How long will it go on a charge? How long can I browse the web before killing the battery. My current phone will go 2-3 days on a charge pretty easy but doing anything that uses the 3G like web or facebook kills the batter in less than 1 hour. I consider this poor...

How much bloat is on the phone? you can have the newest and fastest phone but if it is loaded with Verizon bloatware its going to be a turd....

Finding the common ground of all the those can be a great thing and you'll end up with a great phone.... I LOATHE Apple and I would not even suggest them to a friend....

The S3 is a quad only with the GSM version, Here in the states we get screwed and only get the dual core.

LAME! :glare:

Edit: which part did you not understand? I'll be happy to rephrase it if needed :)

Now that I can see the picture trankop posted, your sentence makes sense now. :lol:

Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon

CPU: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait

GPU: Adreno 225

Camera: 13 MP, 4128x3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash

Camera button: dedicated, double indented

Video: 1080p@30fps, continuous autofocus, video light, video stabilizer

Secondary: 1.3 MP, 720p@30fps

Card slot: microSD, up to 32 GB

Internal: 16 GB, 1 GB RAM

Screen: 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.55 inches (~323 ppi pixel density)

Battery: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1850 mAh

Bluetooth: v3.1 with A2DP

NFC: Yes

USB: microUSB (MHL) v2.0

Xperia T and Xperia V benchmarks better the Galaxy S III

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/08/30/xperia-t-and-xperia-v-benchmarks-better-the-galaxy-s-iii/

Some more lovely shots of the phone. God I love the Xperia design :D

So yeah it looks like . on legs haha and in a few days at&t should be making their announcement about the phone. Also that lovely 13MP sony snapper and dedicated camera button along with fantastic benchmarks hardly goes astray.

It does look like a nice phone, so in a few days we will find out a release date?

It is definitely on my radar now. You happen to know if the battery is removeable?

Try these, I guess you saw them before

http://i.imgur.com/JvP0F.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xGlTR.jpg

and this one http://youtu.be/nf5-Prx19ZM really funny :lol:

Those work, thanks for the repost. Not really into the hate thing though. I honestly really despise all this hate between both camps. Obviously both sides offer something of value or neither would be popular. Watching two people fight over Apple vs Android is like watching a Republican and Democrat or a Ford and Chevy guy go at it. I think I would rather watch two hipsters fight over whose pants is tighter. Whatever, as long as the product is solid I will consider it.

My perfect phone would probably be a chimera of both sides.

Right now I am anxious to find out more information on the Xperia ...like release date, if it offers removeable battery, screen quality, picture quality and battery life. Second is the GS3 with the iPhone 5 clipping its tails. But ya thanks Stoner, it is most definitely on my radar. Actually kinda leading the pack though that may also be because I haven't seen a review on it yet and don't know the bad stuff yet.

I dont go for the fastest out of the gate as I prefer a mix of speed and battery life...I'll gladly give up CPU speed for longer battery life.

Battery life... How long will it go on a charge? How long can I browse the web before killing the battery. My current phone will go 2-3 days on a charge pretty easy but doing anything that uses the 3G like web or facebook kills the batter in less than 1 hour. I consider this poor...

How much bloat is on the phone? you can have the newest and fastest phone but if it is loaded with Verizon bloatware its going to be a turd....

So you would lean toward the Droid RAZR than with more than double the battery life of any other smart phone? The bad thing is that it is Verizon and you are right, Verizon bloatware is pretty damn bad.

I am still considering service providers as well as I have not made up my mind for any camp. I like Sprint's truly unlimited plan but they are currently only 3G ...and supposedly it is the slowest of the 3G services. Verizon has the best coverage but charges a boat load and fills their phones with bloatware. AT&T offers both voice & data simulatenously which would be really nice but has the worst coverage. T-Mobile is kinda like a happy mix but their coverage isn't that great, most phone manufacturers don't seem to take them seriously and the limited data plan isn't enticing.

What the hell is a data plan & why should it cost extra above your normal monthly installment?

A data plan is how you access the internet and such on your phone. If you own a dumb phone, like I got, you don't have to pay this because it would just be wasted money so people in my shoes just pay for extra/unlimited txts.

-other

I'd wait until they will release Windows 8 phones.

Noted and thanks.

I have a s2 and a note, plus there is a 4s and a s3 in the house, much prefer any of the android phones to the 4s :thumbsup:

Noted, thanks. :)

I mean that the first complaint was that the plastic was "cheap," when in fact it was not.

Ya I have heard many people defend how sturdy the S3 is so that isn't holding me back at all. Like I said, what is holding me back the most so far with the S3 is:

- The display is weaker than the competition

- It is the only phone that got dinged for call quality ...this IS important to me since it is a phone

- It seems to have the weakest reported (by reviewers) battery life of the competition ...despite advertising better

It's still more or less leading the pack until I find out more on the Xperia.

@Fogel

Xperia T and the AT&T version of the T will have a non-removeable battery granted it costs next to nothing to get it replaced by a tech at the store anyway. However for uses that like to root their phones its a bit annoying as you can't pop the battery if things lock up and crash.

The TX which is virtually identical has a removeable battery not sure which phone my country will get yet but I will most likely buy the TX and have it shipped here.

Galaxy S3. I've got the Galaxy S2 running Cyanogenmod 9, and I love it. I'm ONLY upgrading smartphones either when my SGS2 is too slow to use, or if I can get my hands on a quad core SGS3 for a good price. If not, I'll go for a quad HTC One X.

Edited by Onion

It does look like a nice phone, so in a few days we will find out a release date?

It is definitely on my radar now. You happen to know if the battery is removeable?

It looks like it based on the pictures. You can see the line where the back cover meets the phone. I'm sure with how well the aesthetics are on that phone, if it wasn't a removable battery/cover, it wouldn't have that ya know?

And as for the 4G comment on Sprint...yeah, that'd be the other reason I wouldn't upgrade from my phone (until Sprint LTE is live of course). The whole 4G race was stupid because WiMAX coverage blows (I've actually hidden my 4G power toggle because it pissed me off so bad) but my 3G speeds aren't all that bad, though I've never had a Verizon or any of the other services to compare their 3G. LTE is soon to arrive (which my phone isn't equipped to run :cry: ) but when it does, you'll probably be glad you have an unlimited service (that's cheaper too)

Galaxy S3. I've got the Galaxy S2 running Cyanogenmod 9, and I love it. I'm ONLY upgrading smartphones either when my SGS2 is too slow to use, or if I can get my hands on a quad core SGS3 for a good price. If not, I'll go for a quad HTC One X.

Really?? My "lowly" single core hummingbird @ 1ghz still runs everything snappy and buttery for the most part. I can overclock to 1.4ghz if I feel like it but 1ghz and even 800mhz is still plenty zippy, I can't see how you'd be even thinking about upgrading being "one step newer" from me. This whole cores race is silly for a phone with software that's barely, if at all, making my 1 cylinder bog. I think RAM is what they should focus on (and making some more quality keyboard phones to saturate the market, screw touchscreen only!! The Photon Q is abysmal!)

Edited by IVIYTH0S