Black Mesa releasing Sept. 14th

90sgamer

The project leader over the Black Mesa project has announced a release date: September 14th.

if you don't know, Black Mesa is a fan made remake of Half-life 1 from scratch on the source engine, 8 years in the making.

This release does NOT include the Xen level or Black Mesa Death Match, but they are still in development

Thats all I manged to read before the page went down lol

Here's the link to the announcement thread:

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=480683#post480683

If it were me, I would have finished Xen first before releasing it, but we'll see what happens.

EDIT:

Although the site is still down, I found a copy of the text:

"We're freaking out over here! It is so exciting to share this news with you!

You can now Download the Black Mesa Soundtrack, courtesy of our very own Joel Nielsen, at the very generous price of whatever you want! Enjoy and share!

In the near future you'll see our Website, Wiki and Forums all taken down temporarily for renovations.

On September 14th you will see the first release of Black Mesa! This will include our re-envisioning of Half-Life all the way up to Lambda Core. We believe this is a great way to provide a complete-feeling 8-10 hour experience with a solid ending, make our fans happy and help us make the best overall game possible.

We are still working hard on Xen and BMDM, but instead of making you wait we are giving you Black Mesa as soon as it's ready! We're doing our best to help bring the immense vision of this project into reality, and we are very excited for what the future brings!

High-Fives Yo,

Carlos Montero - Project Leader"

Edited by 90sgamer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Info on Xen from lead dev Raminator:

"Development on xen is already underway and we hope to have it finished up in a reasonable timeframe. Xen is going to basically be a complete game in its own right, it's not going to be just an epilogue to the game; more of a whole new chapter. It'll be pretty well expanded."

Might skip to Xen, that was where the game became mindblowing lol

The last time I played through HL1 was with a HL1 replay svencoop....beating the mother alien was so stupidly easy with like 10+ people hopping around :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be so awesome! :D

Edit: Also, kudos to the team for releasing it in a torrent option as well, I see too many modders and devs shy away from torrents just because of how it's always advertised as piracy even though it's legit software.

Very Impressive speeds too, I'm downloading at 2.5MB/s right now.

Edited by Deathmineral