Black Mesa releasing Sept. 14th

90sgamer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jump + crouch?

Yep, a technique rarely seen in today's games. Makes Half Life arguably a better platformer than actual platformer games! :D

Seriously, I was just doing the conveyor belt jump around stuff, that's a lot harder than any platformer I ever played. Playing this has really fulfilled my nostalgia tonight, my favorite part so far, seeing the the hot ninja assassin chicks actually having some figure and not just four polygons.

Edit: Also, anyone that's never seen Freeman's Mind, definitely a good youtube series worth watching. :D (You might not recognize the start if you never played the original, Black Mesa doesn't have the tutorial, probably because they couldn't put the super-jump into it)

Edited by Deathmineral

I am stuck in the game, when I get the crowbar I'm stuck in a room where the only exit is a hole in the wall but I can't jump high enough to reach. Can someone help me please?

its gettin late but hey i'm stuck too...a little bit after i sprinted across the exploding bridge and killed the ugly acid spitter creature, i ended up in the upper levels of a big giant room with big boxes hanging from the ceiling on suspended conveyers,...i can't get out and don't see what i need to do...if my freeman could jump out onto the boxes from the railing then i might get someplace, but he cant do it....little help please...

its gettin late but hey i'm stuck too...a little bit after i sprinted across the exploding bridge and killed the ugly acid spitter creature, i ended up in the upper levels of a big giant room with big boxes hanging from the ceiling on suspended conveyers,...i can't get out and don't see what i need to do...if my freeman could jump out onto the boxes from the railing then i might get someplace, but he cant do it....little help please...

Should be able to jump-crouch onto the railing and then onto the boxes, but ya, screenshots would help a lot. I've gotten stuck a couple times myself actually, just been using a speed run of the original HL to figure out where to go next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN21YdyloP0