For the car guys and gals

Black64

Are you kidding me? Go watch how jeremy clarkson's ford GT just keeps kicking the bucket.

One car, first production year. You know better than to draw conclusions from that. :P

One car, first production year. You know better than to draw conclusions from that. :P

They still continue to have minor electrical issues. Granted they are usually nothing more than annoying, it still is something that you should not see on a super car. To me between the recall of the early model and the continuing electrical issues it screams that ford cut corners.

When you compare it to the audi R8, it really doesn't stand a chance in the reliability aspect of the car.

Just my opinion.

I don't dislike Nissans. But for 100k+ i'd buy many other cars before that one.

Like what a Ford GT ? :lol:

Only issue is that the ford GT still breaks down like a ford :lol:

You know what they say... First On the Rubbish Dump :lol:

The GTR is a great car, beats most Porsche's and Lambo's easily. But if I ever ran into so much money for a GTR, I'd get one new since you have the peace of mind knowing someone didnt drive the s*** out of it before

Edited by Midnight Rider

Like what a Ford GT ? :lol:

You know what they say... First On the Rubbish Dump :lol:

you must never of owned a ford before then.

Well easy to come to your conclusion, your only 16 (no offense, just dont think you have too much experience in the automotive world). Your just going off your own assumptions

Edited by Reaper_88

you must never of owned a ford before then.

Well easy to come to your conclusion, your only 16 (no offense, just dont think you have too much experience in the automotive world). Your just going off your own assumptions

Actually YOU must not have owned a Ford before. Doesnt matter if Im 16, the world knows Ford is one of the most unreliable manufacturers but I suppose you Americans are always prejudice to your own cars

Granted they are usually nothing more than annoying, it still is something that you should not see on a super car.

You do realize that super cars are some of the most neurotic cars ever made and essentially every single one is a total pain in the ass, right? :lol: The fact that the GT only has minor electrical gremlins is a huge step above any of the other $100K+ supercars.

Actually YOU must not have owned a Ford before. Doesnt matter if Im 16, the world knows Ford is one of the most unreliable manufacturers but I suppose you Americans are always prejudice to your own cars

You have no idea what you're talking about. Modern Fords (the last 10 years) are pretty damn reliable in all aspects.

I have a 2000 Ford Mustang gt with 76k miles. I beat the . out of that car and it's still running as strong as ever. All the silly Ford acronyms are incorrect as hell. My best friend has 3 fords, an 89 thunderbird, an early 80s f150, and an 04 Mustang gt. All of them are running great.

I have a 2000 Ford Mustang gt with 76k miles. I beat the . out of that car and it's still running as strong as ever. All the silly Ford acronyms are incorrect as hell. My best friend has 3 fords, an 89 thunderbird, an early 80s f150, and an 04 Mustang gt. All of them are running great.

How much have you spent "fixing" the car recently? :lol: 76K miles really isn't impressive at all though. When you break 200K and it's still running well I'll be impressed. :teehee:

Sorry but I disagree.

My GFs 2003 munstang is a POS that always breaks down. Shorts in dashboard so no dashboard light, drivers side window only works half the time (short in there too), wiring to brake pedal is corroded so brake lights go out all the time (which causes the car to not shift out of park), transmission slips...and even when it wants to run "good" its slow as piss.

Her mothers 99 is slightly less troublesome, but still has a lot of problems.

No way I'd ever get one.

You do realize that super cars are some of the most neurotic cars ever made and essentially every single one is a total pain in the ass, right? :lol: The fact that the GT only has minor electrical gremlins is a huge step above any of the other $100K+ supercars.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Modern Fords (the last 10 years) are pretty damn reliable in all aspects.

Uhhhh no. Audi, porsche, lambo, and mercedes all have made super cars that are actually pretty well built and stable machines...minus the convertible versions of their super cars because all convertibles suck in their own special way.

The audi R8 v10 in particular is extremely fast, about the same price as the ford GT and is a very stable car. Even the stock version of the nissan GT-R would probably outrun the ford GT and it is an extremely reliable car.

So there are reliable super cars that aren't as "neurotic" as you think.

Sorry but I disagree.

My GFs 2003 munstang is a POS that always breaks down. Shorts in dashboard so no dashboard light, drivers side window only works half the time (short in there too), wiring to brake pedal is corroded so brake lights go out all the time (which causes the car to not shift out of park), transmission slips...and even when it wants to run "good" its slow as piss.

Her mothers 99 is slightly less troublesome, but still has a lot of problems.

No way I'd ever get one.

Mustangs are a weird creature. I have seen mustangs from the mid 1960's to early 70's that still run great with the original engines and 200K miles on them and I have seen 2011 mustangs that dies after 20K miles.

You guys would be sitting here for the next 8 months trading blows over the reliability of a ford mustang, or any ford for that matter.