Ravaged Beta Code Giveaway

bp9801

Took a youtube video to realize that the enemy team actually has different weapons. The hunting rifle looks a lot easier to use than the crossbow.

Not many people on at 6am, oh well.

One of the gripes I noticed while I was playing was that the teams don't auto-balance at all, so new players tend to be on the scavenger team and don't switch (I guess? it didn't seem to switch me at least.)

EDIT: Okay so I guess when someone joins a game in progress it balances it out.

One of the more ridiculous things in the game is that people can see you on the mini-map while they are selecting a spawn point, making it impossible to camp at all.

Edited by Locutus

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played for about an hour. Had to connect to an EU server because the US servers were empty. Eventually there were quite a few people on, including 4 or 5 devs at one point. The devs were also running a TS server, but I didn't connect to it.

I played two maps - IceBreaker and Liberty.

The game is quite hard. I definitely improved in my second match, but it still wasn't as smooth sailing as I enjoy in CSS or TF2.

Vehicles were definitely hard to maneuver, but I don't exactly mind it. Only thing is it's very easy for them to flip over, thus ejecting you. I was able to get my hands on the copter once....and didn't realize the controls were reversed, causing me to immediately crash into the ground in a fiery wreck...it didn't help that teammates often TK for vehicles.

I feel maps are a bit too large, though it did start to feel better once the server filled up. Would definitely like to see some more contained maps.

As for bugs, I don't think I encountered any. I got stuck twice, but both times I was able to jump and wiggle my way out. It was frustrating not having killcams though, as you often don't know how or why you die.

Wow, just two days shy of getting a fourth entry. Sorry, but can't make any exceptions...you've still got three though!

PS. I noticed we have 145 OCC Steam Group members and I'm only friends with 51 of you, so feel free to friend me if you want :)

And I've 0 friends cause O rarely use steam. :(

I have decided that I hate the game. It just doesn't play nice at all for me.

Cannot drive vehicles now this has to in some way be my fault but no matter how I try its either wait 1-3 seconds before if it responds to my input.

Weapons handle like shit imo compared to what I am used to from other games and as a whole I reckon the graphics are pretty terrible especially when zooming in on the distance.

I really wanted to give it a good shot but as it is I really cant stand the game.