Deciding Which GTX 670 To Buy Tomorrow!

Here are the 3 Ones I am deciding between, I'm leaning towards the EVGA or the Gigabyte Windforce, but My EVGA GTX 470 I've had for almost 2yrs now has held up pretty good for awhile now and I trust EVGA and its Core/Base/ and Memory clocks are all higher, but reviews and a friend are pushing me towwards the windforce, what do you guys think. As of right now, it'll just be running a 22in Wide Screen at 1680X1050 and a 15or16in at 1024X768 for now until I get my 50Inch Plasma shipped to me from Washington and the It will be running 1920X1080 and a 22in at 1680X1050.

1. EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW

Price - $419.99

Base Clock: 1006MHz

Boost Clock: 1084MHz

Memory Clock: 6208MHz

2. GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC

Price - $399.99

Base clock - 980 MHz

Boost Clock - 1058 MHz

Memory Clock: 6008 MHz

3. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Model # - ZT-60301-10P

Price - 399.99

Base Clock: 915 MHz

Boost Clock: 980 MHz

Memory Clock: 6008 MHz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evga makes quality cards. of course they can all up and die but i've been lucky that all the Evga ive owned including the Gefroce 3 Ti still works. I would gladly paid $20 more but thats just me.

edit: this takes me back but here is a list of EVGA cards i've own for kicks and giggles

Geforce 3 Ti

Geforce 4400 Ti

Geforce 5600 (I think thats it)

Geforce 6800 Ultra

Geforce 9600gso

Geforce 9800GTX

Geforce 450

Geforce 570

Edited by hornybluecow

I'd say hands down EVGA because of the great customer service and limited lifetime warranty. The EVGA card you selected however only has a 3 year limited warranty...

Sadly the days of EVGA lifetime warranty are over.

In this case I would go the windforce card, it is cheaper, has a 680 pcb, and is by far the quietest. I have done around 5 rigs with them, and they are really quiet cards. They overclock well too

evga makes quality cards. of course they can all up and die but i've been lucky that all the Evga ive owned including the Gefroce 3 Ti still works. I would gladly paid $20 more but thats just me.

edit: this takes me back but here is a list of EVGA cards i've own for kicks and giggles

Geforce 3 Ti

Geforce 4400 Ti

Geforce 5600 (I think thats it)

Geforce 6800 Ultra

Geforce 9600gso

Geforce 9800GTX

Geforce 450

Geforce 570

If you keep it that long, yeah however...

I'd say hands down EVGA because of the great customer service and limited lifetime warranty. The EVGA card you selected however only has a 3 year limited warranty...

Which then comes to the fact that Gigabyte also has excellent service and quick RMA turnaround. My motherboard that I sent in for repair, was actually repaired and sent back to me (I could tell it was my same board) swiftly and it was painless. EVGA may have great service but so do a lot of companies. They very often charge too much, banking only on having good service instead of having good service AND a superior product for the money.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Ya from what I read, the Faster Zotac ZT-60302-10P Amp Edition when trying to cool the Gigabyte compared to the Zotac, the gigabyte can cool it down to the same temp with 20% less load on the fans! It also said It doesn't overclock too well, but With my cards, I tend not to overclock, sometimes If I know it'll be real labor intensive or I just want it to run a little better, I'll do temporary overclocks, then switch it back when I'm done playing, no sense keeping it overclocked the whole time.

My EVGA GTX 470 has done me good the last 4yrs, but I finally built a new system after 2yrs, so why not try something new, and the fact that It is quieter, I can keep the fans at a higher speed most of the time and keep It nice and cool.

Hey can someone help me remember something, You know how on Afterburner or Precision, where you can overclock it, there was a way to write it to the card so it would be permanent and not just while the program was running. I'm not planning on doing that, but just curious how to, I seem to remember doing that once and I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

Hey can someone help me remember something, You know how on Afterburner or Precision, where you can overclock it, there was a way to write it to the card so it would be permanent and not just while the program was running. I'm not planning on doing that, but just curious how to, I seem to remember doing that once and I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

You mean have your settings happen when you log into windows or to create/save custom overclock profiles??