Deciding Which GTX 670 To Buy Tomorrow!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. The difference would be like 6FPS max. The GTX 670 is already over powered. Why spend more on what you really don't need?

Don't forget, the GTX 670 will have a price drop eventually, and when it does you should put two GTX 670's in SLI.

The cheapest 670 is probably what you want. Overclocking will net you a bit of extra performance but in reality the difference won't be noticeable unless you do a side-by-side comparison.

So yeah, I'd go with option 2.

Now I have to decide If I sell my GTX 470 or have them both installed and install Ubuntu as Dual Boot with Win7 and install Nvidia Drivers/CUDA and have some hardcore brute forcing capability, lol.

Probably just put It on craigslist for cheap, I haven't been a member here for 90 days yet or Id sell it here!

Now I have to decide If I sell my GTX 470 or have them both installed and install Ubuntu as Dual Boot with Win7 and install Nvidia Drivers/CUDA and have some hardcore brute forcing capability, lol.

Probably just put It on craigslist for cheap, I haven't been a member here for 90 days yet or Id sell it here!

I'll buy that 470 for $75 what do you think?

I just practically gave away my last build for $250 and all I have left will be the GTX 470 to sell, as long as it arrives and its not broken and It works, then I will most likely be selling it, but its In perfect condition and I've only overclocked it a couple times by like 10-30mhz when skyrim came out just to see if it would benefit, but just for like 2minutes to check the FPS difference and haven't messed with it since.

$75 is just too low, Even If I put it on craigslist for $100, it would be gone pretty fast, and I haven't been a member for 90 days, so I couldn't sell It to you, I didn't read the rules b4 I put my system build up in the sell section about being a member for 90 days, and dr_bowtie has already sent me a warning, so I dont wanna have my account locked or blocked or deleted or whatever he would do If i sold it to you!

You MAY get more than $75 elsewhere, for instance there's an EVGA on here for $100 with some bids: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=470+gtx&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1 (Minus the 9% ebay takes from you)

But we often seem to low ball you here because we can probably get something better for that $100 no offense. I'd try CL, since it'd cost you nothing and you'd get all the money for it instead of ebay taking a cut but ebay seems like it may net you atleast more then $75....but not much more...

You MAY get more than $75 elsewhere, for instance there's an EVGA on here for $100 with some bids: http://www.ebay.com/...nc&LH_Auction=1 (Minus the 9% ebay takes from you)

But we often seem to low ball you here because we can probably get something better for that $100 no offense. I'd try CL, since it'd cost you nothing and you'd get all the money for it instead of ebay taking a cut but ebay seems like it may net you atleast more then $75....but not much more...

Ya, I didn't know that ebay took 9%, they much make a lot of money!!!

In my are theres a GTX 470 that's been on craigslist for atleast 2weeks now, so If I low ball on there, thats what i did with my computer, and it was only on craigslist for 14hours b4 someone was at my door with money in hand.

And I still couldn't sell it to you or I will get kicked off the forum

Ya, I didn't know that ebay took 9%, they much make a lot of money!!!

In my are theres a GTX 470 that's been on craigslist for atleast 2weeks now, so If I low ball on there, thats what i did with my computer, and it was only on craigslist for 14hours b4 someone was at my door with money in hand.

And I still couldn't sell it to you or I will get kicked off the forum

Worth a shot, I guess start at your high point and then be prepared to be haggled. Did you list your computer like alot of the CL machines I see that say "Super fast ultimate gaming machine!" and it only has a core 2 quad and SLI 450GTS's lol

To be fair I've never sold any computer stuff on there though

Worth a shot, I guess start at your high point and then be prepared to be haggled. Did you list your computer like alot of the CL machines I see that say "Super fast ultimate gaming machine!" and it only has a core 2 quad and SLI 450GTS's lol

To be fair I've never sold any computer stuff on there though

I put a 850W PSU/I5-760/4GB DDR3 1333/P5 Extreme Motherboard/Case w/ 3 small fans/and an 80Gb IDE HDD for $250

I know it was worth a lot more and I could of sold it for more, but i wanted someone who doesn't have a lot of money to be able to get themselves a good gaming rig for dirt cheap, from putting the post on Craigslist to person at my house buying it was 13hours, I even called the guy back 2 days later to ask him how it was working for him, and from the sound of it, he's just parting it and gonna make a profit of selling the stuff individually!

It really sucks I hadn't been a member for 90days, cause someone could of gotten a really good deal for dirt cheap, and I told the guy the reason it was soo cheap was because of that reason, but he just lied to me and he's gonna just part it out and make a profit! :(