Battlefield 4

greengiant912

Minimum requirements:

OS: WINDOWS VISTA SP2 32-BIT (WITH KB971512 PLATFORM UPDATE)

PROCESSOR: AMD ATHLON X2 2.8 GHZ / INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ 

MEMORY: 4 GB

GRAPHICS CARD: AMD RADEON HD 3870 / NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT

GRAPHICS MEMORY: 512 MB

HARD DRIVE: 30 GB

Recommended requirements:

PROCESSOR: AMD SIX-CORE CPU / INTEL QUAD-CORE CPU 

MEMORY: 8 GB

GRAPHICS CARD: AMD RADEON HD 7870 / NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660

GRAPHICS MEMORY: 3 GB

HARD DRIVE: 30 GB

So I played 5 or 6 maps.  No crashes but a whole lotta lag.  It actually seems to be a better launch then BF3 was as far as crashes and bugs.  Time will tell, nothing new just have to wait until they iron it out.  Does look really good though.

I played about six games last night and had some major problems with multiplayer.  

First couple of games was just major lag.  So I kept searching for a better server.  Finally found one that played perfectly fine, had a good half of a game and me wife came to get me for dinner.  Came back and joined maybe three or four more games, all of which crashed pretty soon after joining, one didn't even make it into the game and froze loading.  Errors were either BF4 stopped responding or I had 1 or two graphics driver crashes too.

I gave up on multiplayer for the night and went to check out the campaign instead, works great and its a good fun story line so far.  I played for a few hours before calling it a night. 

I haven't played the beta on pc(downloaded on Xbox 360), does the game run the same as BF3 or is it more demanding?

I can't really tell yet, mutliplayer was too messed up to have a chance to tweak the settings.  The beta was more demanding but also looked better than bf3 even at lower visual settings.  It was funny how everybody complained the beta didn't look any different than bf3...until they took away the beta and you had to go back to bf3 then you could really tell the difference.  

i5-3570k - 2x gtx-560ti SLI  

I haven't played the beta on pc(downloaded on Xbox 360), does the game run the same as BF3 or is it more demanding?

I can't really tell yet, mutliplayer was too messed up to have a chance to tweak the settings.  The beta was more demanding but also looked better than bf3 even at lower visual settings.  It was funny how everybody complained the beta didn't look any different than bf3...until they took away the beta and you had to go back to bf3 then you could really tell the difference.  

i5-3570k - 2x gtx-560ti SLI  

Thanks for the answer! Just tried Crysis 3 and I'm getting almost the same FPS at 766p low settings vs 1080p at high settings, I guess I'd get the same in BF3 :/ CPU upgrade time :D