Battlefield 4

greengiant912

No real-time stats saving :( Crash and lose all that progress.

Yeah that is getting really damn annoying with all the crashes to not save any achievements.

Make sure your punkbuster is updated as well as your graphic drivers.

I'm running 311.65 and still getting way too many crashed.  I'll be sure to go update punkbuster though.  

I played on Sunday for several hours and never crashed.  Then last night in an hour or two of playing it crashed 4-5 times.  Both loading the map and in game, BF4 just stops responding.

I had the crash while loading issues in the beta on one of my PCs and found it to be that punk buster wasn't updating (not handled very gracefully by the client though it never seems to be in games)

I've had two crashes NOT related to servers crashing from day 1 of the retail game.  One thing to point out is the message when the server crashes and disconnects somewhat implies that your game is what crashed/stopped working when in reality it is not.  I have found that running on servers playing with more than intended players in a game mode (for example 64 man rush designed for 32) seems to up the chances of the server crashing, though it could just be coincidence for me. Doesn't seem to be a 64 player issues as 64 man conquest servers seem fine for me.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase even if the Single player is still meh (and annoyed that it is used to unlock guns in multiplier). 

updated punkbuster and still crashed twice tonight.  Also had really bad lag, rubberbanding, in one server, others reported it too.  And really annoying audio cutouts that others also had.

Usually get a crash after the map ends or a server crash. But other than that it's smooth.

CoD however is extremely unplayable. Stutters on main menu and in-game. Crashes due to low memory when at 6 of 8GB. Turning page file back on did fix low memory issue. Turned it off on my SSD to fit BF4, has a really long load time.

Edited by AZNguyen

Alex, are you running the latest GeForce driver (331.65)?

That helped eliminate my rather constant game crashes.

Yeah I'm on latest drivers and punkbuster is updated.

Actually only crashed once since I re-installed the game

For some strange reason, upgrading my OS from Windows 8 to Windows 8;1 fixed most of my issues, Crashes once in a while though.. 

Played HC for the first time, and if you walk past your own Clay it kills you.. But I dont remember that happening in BF3 though..

Edited by Gremlin

Played a few rounds last night after the patch.  Very first match crashed loading the map, but never again after that.  Played pretty good but I also noticed some problems I never really had before, like getting shot through walls and dumping a full mag into somebody pointblank and doing no damage. Hopefully that was just an individual server issue, some definitely seem better or worse than others.