2Gb card or 1gb?

Pec0

Are you uninstalling the cards from the list of devices under device manager? Try that first, then remove any other AMD programs, then reboot into safe mode and run CCleaner and Driver Sweeper, use CCleaner to clean out registry after Driver Sweeper, then shut off, remove card, insert card, turn on and install drivers.

I know the topic strayed, but on the original question, I wanted to mention that the 2GB is better if you plan to run multiple monitors (Eyefinity). So if you may upgrade in that direction, there is another vote for 2gig.

Are you uninstalling the cards from the list of devices under device manager? Try that first, then remove any other AMD programs, then reboot into safe mode and run CCleaner and Driver Sweeper, use CCleaner to clean out registry after Driver Sweeper, then shut off, remove card, insert card, turn on and install drivers.

Did everything you suggested, step by step. Still no good, terrible performance in game, unplayable.. This card cost me £175. Suddenly turning into a massive regret.

What I don't understand is in BF3 the 4870 auto setting were high and this new 7850 card with all it's mod cons is coming in at medium. It just doesn't make sense.

Ok will do.. That'll be my last try before a full format. If this or a full format doesn't work I think I'll look to getting a refund or at least a different card.

Yeah if it's not software, it's hardware because you should have no trouble with that card

What do you get in 3DMark 11? That'll be a start to see if something is seriously wrong.

I'm in the process of doing all the steps in link from IVIYTH0S's post above. My PC is currently completely free of ATI.

Before I reinstall Catalyst 12.6 again, the results from 3D Mark 11 I ran a few hours ago are as follows (not entirely sure what these figures mean):

• Version: 1.0.3

• SystemInfo Version: 4.9

• 02/06/12 20:09:16

• Id: *********

Score

P4185 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

Your result has the following problem(s):

• Processor is not recognized (What is this?)

• Graphics card is not recognized (What is this?)

• Graphics driver is not approved (What is this?)

Add to compare

Name

Description

Graphics Card

Graphics Card

Generic VGA

Vendor

PC Partner Limited

# of cards

SLI / CrossFire

Off

Memory

32 MB

Core clock

860 MHz

Memory clock

1200 MHz

Driver name

Driver version

Driver status

Not FM Approved

Processor

Processor

CPU information missing

Processor clock

3166 MHz

Physical / logical processors

0 / 0

# of cores

General

Operating system

64-bit Windows 7 (6.1.7601)

Motherboard

Memory

8192 MB

Module 1

2048 MB Corsair 9 @ 667 MHz

Module 2

2048 MB Corsair 9 @ 533 MHz

Module 3

2048 MB Corsair 9 @ 667 MHz

Module 4

2048 MB Corsair 9 @ 533 MHz

Detailed scores

3DMark Score

P4185

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

Graphics Test 1

21.08 FPS

Graphics Test 2

24.16 FPS

Graphics Test 3

33.61 FPS

Graphics Test 4

16.79 FPS

Physics Test

8.46 FPS

Combined Test

12.44 FPS

Settings

Default settings used

Yes

Edition

Basic

Screen Width

Screen Height

Msaa Sample Count

Texture Filtering Mode

Trilinear

Max Af Anisotropy

Tessellation Detail

Max Tessellation Factor

ShadowMapSize

Shadow Cascade Count

Surface Shadow Sample Count

Volumetric Illumination Quality

Ambient Occlusion Quality

Depth Of Field Quality

Enable Window Mode

Off

Enable Vertical Sync

Off

Enable Triple Buffering

Off

Enable Wireframe

Off

Color Saturation

100%

4200? I think that's relatively close to what you should get.

That's a good score? I would have no idea really.

Well all the steps taken and drivers reinstalled, Battlefield 3 tested, same performance and lag issues..

With every new installation I get his message: "installation complete ( warnings occurred )", however when I "View log" there are no warnings or errors at all and the drivers appear to have installed correctly therefore I have disregarded this message each time.

I wonder if this has something to do with it. Perhaps I have some errors in my registry or something. This poster on another forum had similar issues which includes the same pictures, although no resolution to the problem:

installation complete ( warnings occurred )

There must be something set differently in BF3. 4200 is a pretty respectable score in 3DMark11...I only get ~9500 or so and I have a far more powerful machine.

I'm guessing it might have set "medium" settings but I have a hunch that it set something higher than it did with your 4870.

There must be something set differently in BF3. 4200 is a pretty respectable score in 3DMark11...I only get ~9500 or so and I have a far more powerful machine.

I'm guessing it might have set "medium" settings but I have a hunch that it set something higher than it did with your 4870.

4200 is REALLY low, my 570 I would get 7200, and they are supposed to be around the same. My better CPU would not increase it by 3000.