Miata!

BluePanda

Don't want to rain on this parade but from the pics it looks like with Waco's height if you ever get rear ended that roll bar will do major damage to his head .Also I agree with the previous post that bolting the seat to the floor pan is not safe in any way and on the tracks we our race mini stock it's not allowed. Just something to think about.:whistling:

Don't want to rain on this parade but from the pics it looks like with Waco's height if you ever get rear ended that roll bar will do major damage to his head .Also I agree with the previous post that bolting the seat to the floor pan is not safe in any way and on the tracks we our race mini stock it's not allowed. Just something to think about.:whistling:

The seat is not going to be bolted to the floor pan. It'll be bolted through the floor pan to reinforcement plates. :) Those plates will be welded, eventually, to the frame rails along the floor pan.

The roll bar won't be able to hit Waco's noggin with the seats down as low as they are. The seats will get in the way of the bar as well, so foam really isn't even needed.

Anyway - the driver's seat is being a pain in the ass. Waco is working on it though. :lol: Right now the car doesn't have an exhaust on it (or any heat shielding) because he's in the process of reshaping the cabin with a hammer. :D

Anyway - the driver's seat is being a pain in the ass. Waco is working on it though. :lol: Right now the car doesn't have an exhaust on it (or any heat shielding) because he's in the process of reshaping the cabin with a hammer. :D

Somehow I picture him yelling at the cabin while hitting it with the hammer.

Somehow I picture him yelling at the cabin while hitting it with the hammer.

Nah. I mowed today so he couldn't yell at it -- then I would have to run around the house and see what he hit -- i.e. break a finger kill something I dunno. He did well, it's just going to take some more hammering.

And please -- NO HAMMER TIME...

Nah. I mowed today so he couldn't yell at it -- then I would have to run around the house and see what he hit -- i.e. break a finger kill something I dunno. He did well, it's just going to take some more hammering.

And please -- NO HAMMER TIME...

d7_450xNULL.jpg

The seat is not going to be bolted to the floor pan. It'll be bolted through the floor pan to reinforcement plates. :) Those plates will be welded, eventually, to the frame rails along the floor pan.

The roll bar won't be able to hit Waco's noggin with the seats down as low as they are. The seats will get in the way of the bar as well, so foam really isn't even needed.

Glad to hear that, his noggin needs a break lately .:biggrin:

edit-I didn't mean needs a break literally, :biggrin:

Edited by SpikeSoprano