Miata!

BluePanda

:lol: That's hardly even loud. If you want noise, want until I post the open x-pipe video. I'd do open headers, but I don't want to go completely deaf.

:lol: That's hardly even loud. If you want noise, want until I post the open x-pipe video. I'd do open headers, but I don't want to go completely deaf.

You really have no clue what you're talking about. :P This car is louder with an open downpipe than my Cobalt was with an open header and it's louder than when we ran open headers on my dad's C5. :lol:

Assuming I can figure out how, I'll put up a video on Youtube in a few minutes to show how loud it actually is. I never exceed 5K RPM or roughly 3/4 throttle in the video. You'll :rofl: when you see it. :D

Also - here's the car as it sits now. The lights are all finished, the seats are mounted, and it actually has an exhaust now. I passed a muffler shop on the way to getting the sockets I needed (and I ended up going to Autozone anyway) and they fabbed up a test pipe for me in about 10 minutes. :)

IMAG0413%20(Medium).jpg

It's thundering and about to rain now, but once it clears up I just need to do the transmission oil, differential oil, and that's it as far as mechanicals go. The interior still needs put back in (which requires me to take the seats out, AGAIN) but that's not going to be bad at all.

The car drives like a dream and fits like a glove. When BP gets home I'll have her take a shot of me in the car...I look ridiculous in it. Getting in and out is an absolute pain in the ass but I love it. The 4 point harnesses are actually pretty damn comfortable and with the top down it's easy to look over your shoulder to check blind spots...so until I get a citation I'll be using them instead of the regular seat belts (which are also re-mounted in the car now). The new tires should be in next week and hopefully by then it'll actually be all put back together. :D I haven't done any touchup work on the edges of the doors, hood, etc, but that'll get done right before I do the top. The top is gonna SUCK but I'm saving it for last so I don't mess it up doing the interior or paint work.

It's a shame I didn't pass the camera WOT, but this should be good enough. If I rev it to 5k next to a wall, it's so loud that my ears will ring. And this is with one of the quietest exhausts for a Mustang, a fully catted Flowmaster 40.

This video was recorded by a professional driver on a private race track in Mexico, do not attempt this at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzmEq_GaCxA

We should totally get decibel meters and see which is the loudest. :lol:

By the way, the miata actually looks pretty good, much less gay than it's stock counterpart. :thumbsup:

By the way (#2), wasn't it you that said it is silly for me to want to drive around with a racing harness? :whistling:

Edited by Onion

I did, but there's a bit of a difference in visibility between a Mustang and a Miata with the top down. :lol:

The video is currently converting on Youtube, I'll have it up in a few minutes. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xBGyT0zJNE

I'm not sure why this didn't rotate (I edited it with the built-in Youtube editor...it looks correct when I go to edit it and it already converted) but here you go. This is "easy" driving. :P

that definatly sounds loud...will you upgrade your exhaust system, or keep the current one?

it reminds me of my grandpa's old Capri...3.2L w/ a full cherrybomb exhaust system....that was loud :D

Edited by Il_napoletano