I almost died...

Waco

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just got back from the doctor again. He said my wrists are good enough that I need to be careful but no casts were needed! Woo!

Don't forget that you got lucky once. Luck like that rarely comes twice to the same person. And take ComputerEd's advice, and get that checked out. Not a brief physical, I'm talking serious diagnosis (or at least proof of why it happened the one time it did.):

I've come out of more than my fair share of LoD experiences, but eventually everyone's luck runs out. A little caution, an explanation or two: Goes a long way to keeping your butt alive. I'm sitting here today with a history of 96 broken bones, 14 surgeries, a titanium femur, titanium staples holding my growth plate onto the other knee, a couple calloused vertebrae, and a kidney and spleen that are hanging on from a previous rupture..

All because I used to be like you, and downplay accidents and injuries. Just because you didn't get hurt, doesn't mean you won't get hurt if it happens again. So take it from me, who has the same reaction you seem to of "meh, I'm alive so what".. Take the time to make it a big deal even if it feels like it isn't, and figure out what your body is doing wrong: Before you end up like me sitting here on military disability working under the table because nobody hires a Frankenstein on a payroll in the contracting business. I walked away scratch free from a bunch of things, but eventually it caught up and I got mangled a few times.

I'd like to know the same won't happen to you because you had a few too many balls as well lol.

Take it easy and have a speedy recovery man.

Glad you came out of that with just some minor injuries!

I was only in one major car accident in my life, but I was the passenger. Got a nasty bruise from the seatbelt that required me to stay in the hospital overnight just in case something ruptured internally (plus I kind of fainted), but nothing major. All I remember is seeing a big white flash, presumably from the airbag flying into my face.

BTW, I didn't read all the posts, but you do know they say NOT TO DRIVE until four hours after waking up when you're on ambien, right? Emphasis on the "waking up", because it's not four hours after taking the pill. In addition, you're only supposed to take it if you can ensure about 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Wow, man you def got pretty lucky coming through all that with only a couple of fractured wrists! Glad you're ok Waco!

So Nyt, your dad was driving a late model Golf, while you were upgrading your PC to this, that, and the other, on his coin? :lol:

Glad to hear you're alright man. After all the hardware troubles you've been having lately, it's good to know we don't need to RMA you.

He's probably out of warranty by now, anyway. Livin' on the edge he is.