NVIDIA GTX 680 Reviewed

Bosco

lolwat? I'm so impressed with AMD that i'd sell my 6970s for two 680s right now. But i'm not gaming much atm so it's really no point in it.

I mean that it's been a while where both sides had similar performance/price between top current cards.

I mean that it's been a while where both sides had similar performance/price between top current cards.

How do you figure? The GTX 680 is cheaper, uses less power, and gets higher scores in most benchmarks. AMD is far from having as good a performance/price ratio as nVidia has.

How do you figure? The GTX 680 is cheaper, uses less power, and gets higher scores in most benchmarks. AMD is far from having as good a performance/price ratio as nVidia has.

True true, they just need to lower the damn prices for both so us poor fellas can get some! :)

AMD has to make it up somewhere...Bulldozer was a joke at release...they have to compete with graphics instead!

But they aren't "competing," lol. They're charging more for a lesser product. They need to drop prices by $100 before they'll be "competing."

But they aren't "competing," lol. They're charging more for a lesser product. They need to drop prices by $100 before they'll be "competing."

Maybe you're forgetting the HD 7970 released months before the GTX 680?

This is how it always is. One company releases a top-end card that is the one to get, then a few months later the other company releases a top-end card that beats the competitor's offering. It is all just one big tug of war to see who can take the top crown for a few months before getting upstaged and then releasing an even more powerful card later on.

Computer hardware is constantly like this. To say you have the most powerful whatever is a short lived statement at best. No matter what product you release and/or buy, there will always be something just over the edge to beat it. If you're a consumer, the only thing you can do is look at what is available, compare it to what you need, and then buy whatever your budget allows.

To be constantly upgrading is literally throwing money away because there will always be something just a little better releasing in the future. You can't just be like "well I'm going to get the GTX 680 now and then see whatever the GK110 is like and buy that!" There is no need to be throwing away money like that when the gains are going to be minimal at best.

Btw, the "you" I'm referring to is people in general, not a specific individual.