Funny things non computer savy friends tell you

Il_napoletano

Best one this -

Hey you have a great game can you give it to me

Next Day He copied only the desktop icon and gave me :biggrin:

Without any doubt, this is the best. Friend trolled.

"My HD 4350 can max out all current games!"

- this comes from a guy who actually knows a little about computers.

"Nobody needs newer hardware, computers haven't changed much in the past 6 years. "

- his girlfriend

"Laptops are hands down better then desktops. If you have a laptop, you shouldn't be using a desktop. They can do everything a desktop can do"

- also his girlfriend

all my friends have taken tech classes and are usually some what intelligent about PCs. So this is the best I can do :P

Lmao I remember that. I love that video.

I was helping out during an open house for our mechanical engineering department. One of the parents asked if a netbook was enough of a computer for engineering......a NETBOOK :pfp:

I was helping out during an open house for our mechanical engineering department. One of the parents asked if a netbook was enough of a computer for engineering......a NETBOOK :pfp:

Well, that doesn't seem too far off in my opinion. Unless you plan to buy personal copies of all of the software that costs thousands of dollars. I just used the lab machines for most things. Personal computer use was basically limited to writing papers and remoting into the lab machines.

I just used the lab machines for most things. Personal computer use was basically limited to writing papers and remoting into the lab machines.

Except nowadays companies and university lab computers and servers are outdated. I have faster computers and servers than the company I work at does. :P

Except nowadays companies and university lab computers and servers are outdated. I have faster computers and servers than the company I work at does. :P

And then comes the awkward moment when I mention that just about any given lab machine or server from where I work could top most on here. I even know of one that should be able to beat Nyt's beast!

That being said, my parents still argue with me when it comes to computer issues. Half the time when they mention their computer is running slow, I get on and see that

A. Its not been turned off in weeks (and)

B. Its using 7GB of RAM (on XP with 4GB installed, 3.5 that can be used).

Tell them to restart it and they don't, because that would involve turning off some of their programs.

I love it when my friend calls his tower a hard drive. lol2.gif

When the hospital I work at was finishing up with a new addition, the IT department convinced them to go to thin clients to limit damage from employees bringing in infected flash drives and such. During training on the new features of the addition, the following discussion occured:

"So instead of having that big box for everything to plug into... that's the tower or CPU or something, right?

"Oh, you mean the hard drive?"

"Yeah! Instead of having the hard drive to plug things into, it'll just be a screen, keyboard, and mouse."

My head nearly exploded. And of course, when doing photoshops for friends back in high school: "That picture you gave me was too small to make any larger, it gets way too grainy." "Well duh, just enhance it! I thought you knew what you were doing?"

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

I even know of one that should be able to beat Nyt's beast!

Just to make him jealous...my play machine at work has 48 cores (soon to be 64), 512 GB of RAM, and a 5.4 TB SSD. :lol:

Knowing Nyt he'll have one-upped that within a month...and then I can buy his old parts. :P