Onion

Also go PC if you don't like overpaying for lesser performing hardware :lol:

The laptop i'm looking at buying will have:

2.3Ghz 3rd gen cpu

AMD 7970m

16GB 1600Mhz ram

2x 750GB 7200rpm hdd

price: $1825

I'll be adding a $240 Crucial M4 256GB and I already have an OS for it so I removed that from the build.

A comparable(lol) MBP has:

2.4Ghz 2nd gen cpu

AMD 6770m

8GB 1333Mhz ram

1x 750GB 7200rpm hdd

price $2749

Ok so now...which one is the waste of money? :rofl:

But you forgot the light up apple instantly adds $1000 of value to the laptop thus making the Mac better

But you forgot the light up apple instantly adds $1000 of value to the laptop thus making the Mac better

There's a lot more engineering in the Mac for sure. It'll get longer battery life, it's lighter, and it'll last longer.

There's a lot more engineering in the Mac for sure. It'll get longer battery life, it's lighter, and it'll last longer.

+100

my uncle still has his old Macbook...

and it still works just as good as it was in the beginning.

i can't say that about my grandma's compaq

I have seen mac's die after a few months just like PC's do, so I don't buy into that theory at all.

let me say this...the only dead mac I've ever seen was a G4 powermac..and that was because his son plugged it in to 220v when it was set at 110v..

as for dead PCs...

loads....especially laptops...and they physically alot faster than Macs usually..

edit: and if you get a dud...apple care sort you out..with such great service...

so if you buy a Mac laptop...always extend applecare....they have great service...once my dad's laptop bag's strap broke..and the laptop landed on its hinge... the next day..they came and replaced the whole screen panel...GREAT SERVICE!!....

Edited by Il_napoletano

let me say this...the only dead mac I've ever seen was a G4 powermac..and that was because his son plugged it in to 220v when it was set at 110v..

as for dead PCs...

loads....especially laptops...and they physically alot faster than Macs usually..

That doesn't really mean anything. You're one person thats never seen a Mac die. They aren't immune to failure and neither are PCs. Kind of like if I said that the only hard drive I’ve ever had die on me was a Western Digital. I’ve never had a Seagate die on me though so they must be better. My first laptop was a Dell E1705 bought in 2007. It’s still working for my little sister just as good as it did the day I bought it. As long as there are no defects and it is taken care of/not abused a PC will last just as long as a Mac. They don’t use magical unbreakable silicone. Apple uses the same ODMs as all the rest. The only difference is that Apple provides the design so it looks sleek and elegant and whatever else metrosexual hipsters want in a laptop lol.

Question: What can the MBP I listed do better than the PC I listed?

I'm talking about applications here. Not looks or battery life or weight. I personally don't care about those. I think the Sager looks better than a Mac anyways, I can plug it into a power outlet and I don't have girly-man arms and can handle an extra two pounds.

Question: What can the MBP I listed do better than the PC I listed?

I'm talking about applications here. Not looks or battery life or weight. I personally don't care about those. I think the Sager looks better than a Mac anyways, I can plug it into a power outlet and I don't have girly-man arms and can handle an extra two pounds.[/font][/size]

It can run OSX..(a less demanding, stable OS...linux based)

it can also run all version of Windows..

It could just be me ...but I find Mac laptops to be more stable....(but that's me)

Also go PC if you don't like overpaying for lesser performing hardware :lol:

The laptop i'm looking at buying will have:

2.3Ghz 3rd gen cpu

AMD 7970m

16GB 1600Mhz ram

2x 750GB 7200rpm hdd

price: $1825

I'll be adding a $240 Crucial M4 256GB and I already have an OS for it so I removed that from the build.

A comparable(lol) MBP has:

2.4Ghz 2nd gen cpu

AMD 6770m

8GB 1333Mhz ram

1x 750GB 7200rpm hdd

price $2749

Ok so now...which one is the waste of money? :rofl:

And you can actually use the hardware to play games and with the money you saved you can buy games!

Engineering to make something cost more than something that's specs are way better, lol.Yeah that extra weight is really worth $1000 extra :rolleyes: Longer battery life, you can buy a second flipping battery and still have loads of case saved.

I really dont see why people get Mac's when a PC could suit their needs perfectly

Engineering to make something cost more than something that's specs are way better, lol.Yeah that extra weight is really worth $1000 extra :rolleyes: Longer battery life, you can buy a second flipping battery and still have loads of case saved.

I really dont see why people get Mac's when a PC could suit their needs perfectly

Ease of use, that's why.

It can run OSX..(a less demanding, stable OS...linux based)

it can also run all version of Windows..

It could just be me ...but I find Mac laptops to be more stable....(but that's me)

I've never had stability issues with either of my laptops. And if I want to run Linux, I can run Linux. Anything other than just running OSX it will do better? Encoding? Photoshop?