GTX 600s might release in April

Prunes

I have a bad feeling about these new 600 series.. I really hope their something worth buying.

I think the reason for this is we have all been burnt of late by Hype. There has been quite a few products of hardware and software over the last year or so that have all failed to live to their hypoe and they had plenty. While over hyping a product is not new it seems like the percentage of overhyped products has been higher in the last year or so. With that in mind a lot of us have reached a wait and see attitude.

• Like 1

I don't care who is faster, I care who is cheaper(and faster but cheaper if you know what I mean) :lol:

Well if the rumors are true, we should be finding out here in the next couple of weeks!

Well, I know my 5870 has a 4.8Ghz effective memory clock, Didn't think GDDR5 could push quite that high. I just looked up the 7970 specs, yeah it does 5.7Ghz :lol:

My bad. Its a shame it only has a 256-bit bus speed because it needs all of the extra memory speed to only match a GTX580's memory bandwidth.

I had to look it up too, I thought Nvidia had GDDR5 speeds like that already :( I find it a bit weird that it's bandwidth is below 200... Keplar must be very optimized or something... competition is good for us :)