Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Child protective services WILL NOT give out confidential information about any past, current or ongoing investigation of any person(s) or family suspected of violating the law, unless subpoenaed by a court of law for a valid legal proceeding.

This is true. I hope nobody actually believed Tjj's BS. :lol:

CPS/DCS has a higher Authority than most and their cases take precedence over others...they are pretty powerful but in most cases needed. They will only give out info to the absent parent if there is one.... ;)

I think I'll sign up my oldest son here at OCC so he can retell some of the stories of how and why he was punished growing up. Guess what, he turned out great, is a wonderful dad to his three kids, and we have a better relationship now that he is 26 than we did when he was 14-18 :)

There was this really good comic I saw a while ago. I'll see if I can find it but it went like this:

Age 0-11

"My dad can do anything!"

Age 11-18

"I don't care what my dad thinks"

Age 18-26

"I should ask my father what he thinks"

Age 26-50

"I can't imagine doing something this important without consulting my father first"

Age 50 -

"I wonder what my father would do in this situation"

Obviously these are accompanied by illustrations but I feel it is a very good example on how our views on parents and life in general changes as we grow older and more experienced.