Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Did you take an advanced reasoning class for a pre-law degree in philosophy? No. It is your point that doesn't make much sense. Just because you can't understand my analogy doesn't mean it isn't there :doh:

What I am saying is that is that these types of chores (not chores as a whole, just the specific ones she listed) seem odd. To me they do seem a bit over the limit. What you and a few others have been arguing for is what you consider (key word) to be the difference between right and wrong. Right and wrong is an abstract concept. For instance, I think the only mistake this girl made was not telling her parents directly what she thought in at least some sort of proper conduct. However, I do think she was right in her opinions and fully entitled to them. I honestly don't care if it was disrespectful or not.

My concept is a much newer idea, and soon it will be what the general populous holds as the "right" idea. There in lies my analogy. I am using the suffrage of various walks of life because I am showing how the idea of right and wrong can evolve over time. For instance, keeping women and Africans stupid was considered at one point the right thing to do. They all thought it was just as righteous as you think this parent is. However, 100 years later, we consider it a heinous crime against humanity.

My point is with this analogy is that TODAY, you are all correct in that you think this parent is completely justified. That is just the status quo of society for the moment. However, how is this act going to be viewed in 5 years after they pass stricter child labor laws that ban such (such, NOT ALL) chores from the home stead, or in 10 years when children could have the right to vote? NOW UNDERSTAND THIS, I AM NOT SAYING THOSE PARTICULAR THINGS WILL HAPPEN IN OUR LIFE TIMES. So please do not start an argument about that because I will just source the capital letters. So I am saying that just like poll taxes were considered completely justified at one point, time eventually rewrote the generally accepted practice as being inhumane. I believe that this situation will suffer the same fate soon enough.

See what I am saying? I am not saying that this situation is like what the Africans, or the Women, or the Jewish people. I am simply remarking on the fact that eventually history will rewrite this whole situation as being a crime. It might take 2 years, or it might take 200 years, but it will eventually happen just because that is the way history works. And yes, you can go back to the same class you want me to take to learn that yourself. ;):P

I think I can probably sum up the majority of the responses to this jibberish................... :pfp:

A connection that makes no sense in reality. :lol:

+1

I'm convinced that just about the ONLY people that have an issue with this scenario are people with hoplophobia.

Maybe not panic-attack hyperventilation GTFO phobia but an irrational fear none the less.

+1

I'm convinced that just about the ONLY people that have an issue with this scenario are people with hoplophobia.

Maybe not panic-attack hyperventilation GTFO phobia but an irrational fear none the less.

Are you referring to me? I agree the father you know? You can't just say people have irrational fears because they want to discuss things.

I am simply remarking on the fact that eventually history will rewrite this whole situation as being a crime.

I'm struggling to figure out why you think this.

I cannot imagine in any way how someone would see what he did as criminal. Chores at home aren't slave labor...even making the comparison is outright insane.

So, Mr. "I took a class so now I know everything", please explain what you think will become illegal and why.

Did you take an advanced reasoning class for a pre-law degree in philosophy? No. It is your point that doesn't make much sense. Just because you can't understand my analogy doesn't mean it isn't there :doh:

What I am saying is that is that these types of chores (not chores as a whole, just the specific ones she listed) seem odd. To me they do seem a bit over the limit. What you and a few others have been arguing for is what you consider (key word) to be the difference between right and wrong. Right and wrong is an abstract concept. For instance, I think the only mistake this girl made was not telling her parents directly what she thought in at least some sort of proper conduct. However, I do think she was right in her opinions and fully entitled to them. I honestly don't care if it was disrespectful or not.

My concept is a much newer idea, and soon it will be what the general populous holds as the "right" idea. There in lies my analogy. I am using the suffrage of various walks of life because I am showing how the idea of right and wrong can evolve over time. For instance, keeping women and Africans stupid was considered at one point the right thing to do. They all thought it was just as righteous as you think this parent is. However, 100 years later, we consider it a heinous crime against humanity.

My point is with this analogy is that TODAY, you are all correct in that you think this parent is completely justified. That is just the status quo of society for the moment. However, how is this act going to be viewed in 5 years after they pass stricter child labor laws that ban such (such, NOT ALL) chores from the home stead, or in 10 years when children could have the right to vote? NOW UNDERSTAND THIS, I AM NOT SAYING THOSE PARTICULAR THINGS WILL HAPPEN IN OUR LIFE TIMES. So please do not start an argument about that because I will just source the capital letters. So I am saying that just like poll taxes were considered completely justified at one point, time eventually rewrote the generally accepted practice as being inhumane. I believe that this situation will suffer the same fate soon enough.

See what I am saying? I am not saying that this situation is like what the Africans, or the Women, or the Jewish people. I am simply remarking on the fact that eventually history will rewrite this whole situation as being a crime. It might take 2 years, or it might take 200 years, but it will eventually happen just because that is the way history works. And yes, you can go back to the same class you want me to take to learn that yourself. ;):P

You want kids to vote?? :pfp: Really?

Imagine. Most high schoolers aren't politically literate let alone middle-school or elementary.

And btw, all this education you keep flaunting; college at 14 and a philosophy degree and all that, i think that is your problem. You are completely disconnected from reality. While the rest of us were working our tails off for our first car or whatever you were studying philosophy. We grew up in the universe and you grew up looking on, thinking on how you could turn it into utopia.

You want kids to vote?? :pfp: Really?

Imagine. Most high schoolers aren't politically literate let alone middle-school or elementary.

You act like once people turn 18 they're magically political geniuses. :lol:

Allowing seven year olds to vote wouldn't make a difference, majority of voters already do not understand politics. That's why we stupid it up with crap like religion and abortion.

You act like once people turn 18 they're magically political geniuses. :lol:

Well at 18 they've usually made it through high school - which, if we're being optimistic, should have filled them in enough to make a slightly educated vote.

One of my degrees is in Philosophy, does that make me qualified in critiquing everyone's logic here? :P

These chores are not odd, nor is it over the limit; you are just not familiar with said chores as you had a different upbringing. That is similar to saying "that cultural practice is odd because I wasn't raise in such way or to perform such acts." Personally, I have known people who had to help take care of horses that their family owned, is that a chore that you would deem as unusual?

How do you know that this act will be deemed illegal in the future? Are you omniscient? It could be the case that this act may be deemed as illegal. But, could it not be the case that it may never be illegal?

On a whole separate note, Angel, I think you meant suffering in that reply--not suffrage. Suffrage refers to the right to vote.

Edit: Pssttt... Speedcrazy just tell him that there is no such thing as a Utopia (they only exist in fairy tales). Similar to perfection, a utopia is impossible to achieve as it is subjective.

Edited by PremiumAcc