Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Thats your problem. So far he has said he has called a lawyer an economist and child services. Oh and hes had a chat with Bush(more believable than the rest)

Round here most everyone has a gun and loads have hats. Having a ghetto in the middle of the sticks has something to do with that though.

What is my problem? I never said I believed Child Protection Services would offer confidential information to strangers.

Why won't this thread die? Damn walkers...

sorry guys but its just past 4am where i sit, and i'm going to bed.

spanking or any for of physical voilence from a 15+ year old to any person is illegal is sweden and i think thats reasonable, but some situations might be borderline ok i think. i remember when my dad wrestled me to the ground for banging the doors, i ran away to my mom on the other side of town and didn't talk to him for a week, but when i did and got an explanation we got past it and grew into a stronger relationship so i don't really know where i stand.

Tj you are very strong minded, and probably have good ideas, but you express yourself in a way that just makes everyone want to pick on you. if the guy in the video had not been a "hillbilly" to use your expression, and had no other information been available except for the video, then it would seem that he had an extreme reaction to a hard to deal with tennager. if you claims about child protective services are indeed true i don't think anyone would defend the man in the video, but if we are disregarding that info we are just seeing a father that punishes a child, by means of limiting acess to something they like, is that wrong? The gun was probably just used as a prop to get noticed i would assume, not to cross the line and start shooting other stuff too (i don't think shooting his daugthers stuff is a habit). you are taking things too far with your extremes and that will not make people listen rather drive them away form the main discussion. I'm not saying that you are uneducated, but you should know that not all people listen well to the way that you talk, they rather attack you for it. You do actually have some points worth mentioning but i have to read them between the lines and compose your thought from dousins of posts, instead of reading them clearly in an argumentative form.

i have just finished about 50% of the thread, so about 20% when i wake up ;) but i really have to sleep now. Great discussion so far and i hope it continues for several pages more!

What is my problem? I never said I believed Child Protection Services would offer confidential information to strangers.

I'm with you there, maybe her dad should use that gun arm on this thread :lol:

because it makes me laugh too much

Child protective services WILL NOT give out confidential information about any past, current or ongoing investigation of any person(s) or family suspected of violating the law, unless subpoenaed by a court of law for a valid legal proceeding.

I think I'll sign up my oldest son here at OCC so he can retell some of the stories of how and why he was punished growing up. Guess what, he turned out great, is a wonderful dad to his three kids, and we have a better relationship now that he is 26 than we did when he was 14-18

:)

In an earlier post someone mentioned that different kids respond to different methods of correction - how very very true. That not only applies to kids by the way........................................