Awesome parenting

Silas13013

LMAO and to think when you started the topic Silas, I thought it was a hilarious video and a definite way for the dad to get his point across that he wasn't going to take her teenage disrespect and BS anymore. I had no idea that comedy would lead to people getting their panties in a bunch :lol: But, nothing wrong with a thread lasting this long, it's not like an individual here on OCC gets to decide when it stops, unless it is out of hand, then maybe you will get scolded :whistling: Instead of complaining about how long a thread is, why not just move to another one :P

Threads like this are always entertaining, you get to see just how far "off the rocker" some people here are :popcorn:

LMAO and to think when you started the topic Silas, I thought it was a hilarious video and a definite way for the dad to get his point across that he wasn't going to take her teenage disrespect and BS anymore. I had no idea that comedy would lead to people getting their panties in a bunch :lol: But, nothing wrong with a thread lasting this long, it's not like an individual here on OCC gets to decide when it stops, unless it is out of hand, then maybe you will get scolded :whistling: Instead of complaining about how long a thread is, why not just move to another one :P

Threads like this are always entertaining, you get to see just how far "off the rocker" some people here are :popcorn:

Well I just reached 30 pages on the standard post viewing, but I think we can make it to 400 for Stoner :P

I have no problem with how long it is. As long as the mods are ok with it, I find it hilariously entertaining. :biggrin:

Well I just reached 30 pages on the standard post viewing, but I think we can make it to 400 for Stoner :P

I have no problem with how long it is. As long as the mods are ok with it, I find it hilariously entertaining. :biggrin:

You have a blue Phanteks cooler?

What is it like? Noise wise I know the performance.

I have a question. If it had been an animal, how many of you would feel differently?

Let's say for example the girl has a dog, the dog craps on the carpet and she refused to clean up after it. He shoots the dog, not quick either, it's not a simple to the head kind of thing, shoots the legs first, then areas of the body that aren't vital, then finally, one in the head. Wouldn't it be okay for him to do that, he's just teaching a lesson right? :D

I have a question. If it had been an animal, how many of you would feel differently?

Let's say for example the girl has a dog, the dog craps on the carpet and she refused to clean up after it. He shoots the dog, not quick either, it's not a simple to the head kind of thing, shoots the legs first, then areas of the body that aren't vital, then finally, one in the head. Wouldn't it be okay for him to do that, he's just teaching a lesson right? :D

I don't know what screwed up world you're living in but this has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.

A laptop is not a living thing, it's an inanimate piece of property. The analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't know what screwed up world you're living in but this has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.

A laptop is not a living thing, it's an inanimate piece of property. The analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

All that matters, is that he's teaching her a lesson, that's the connection.

First off :whoa:

You have a blue Phanteks cooler?

What is it like? Noise wise I know the performance.

I do. It lives up to its name in performance but I am not the best to comment about sound. I have an 18 inch floor fan going in my room at all times so everything is drowned out by that. If I had to guess though, I would say on full RPM, it is about on par with one of my idling 6950's. If you want, I will get a more accurate measurement once I get back to my dorm.

All that matters, is that he's teaching her a lesson, that's the connection.

A laptop and a living, breathing dog....NO CONNECTION :whistling: Death are you just trying to keep this going for 400 posts for Stoner :lol: Because, I really hope you are not comparing these 2 things....or you may be as far gone as some think :P

A connection that makes no sense in reality. :lol:

Oh? Well go on then wizard, educate me. :D

A laptop and a living, breathing dog....NO CONNECTION :whistling: Death are you just trying to keep this going for 400 posts for Stoner :lol: Because, I really hope you are not comparing these 2 things....or you may be as far gone as some think :P

You too, go on, teach me a lesson in connections. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

Multiple times in this thread you have commented on a particular race, ., or religion. and the struggles they had to deal with, sometimes 100+ years ago.....wtf does this have to do with this thread or 21st century parenting? I can easily answer this....NOTHING! At least try to stay on topic with your points Tjj ;)

Waco says "Nothing will come in time, he did nothing wrong" about the teenage girls father, do you really think the government 100+ years ago said the same thing as Waco is saying about this topic about the Africans? :doh: I'm so efing confused :lol: I know that you got your Bachelor's degree when you were like 9 Doogie Howser, but did you ever take an elementary US History class?

Did you take an advanced reasoning class for a pre-law degree in philosophy? No. It is your point that doesn't make much sense. Just because you can't understand my analogy doesn't mean it isn't there :doh:

What I am saying is that is that these types of chores (not chores as a whole, just the specific ones she listed) seem odd. To me they do seem a bit over the limit. What you and a few others have been arguing for is what you consider (key word) to be the difference between right and wrong. Right and wrong is an abstract concept. For instance, I think the only mistake this girl made was not telling her parents directly what she thought in at least some sort of proper conduct. However, I do think she was right in her opinions and fully entitled to them. I honestly don't care if it was disrespectful or not.

My concept is a much newer idea, and soon it will be what the general populous holds as the "right" idea. There in lies my analogy. I am using the suffrage of various walks of life because I am showing how the idea of right and wrong can evolve over time. For instance, keeping women and Africans stupid was considered at one point the right thing to do. They all thought it was just as righteous as you think this parent is. However, 100 years later, we consider it a heinous crime against humanity.

My point is with this analogy is that TODAY, you are all correct in that you think this parent is completely justified. That is just the status quo of society for the moment. However, how is this act going to be viewed in 5 years after they pass stricter child labor laws that ban such (such, NOT ALL) chores from the home stead, or in 10 years when children could have the right to vote? NOW UNDERSTAND THIS, I AM NOT SAYING THOSE PARTICULAR THINGS WILL HAPPEN IN OUR LIFE TIMES. So please do not start an argument about that because I will just source the capital letters. So I am saying that just like poll taxes were considered completely justified at one point, time eventually rewrote the generally accepted practice as being inhumane. I believe that this situation will suffer the same fate soon enough.

See what I am saying? I am not saying that this situation is like what the Africans, or the Women, or the Jewish people. I am simply remarking on the fact that eventually history will rewrite this whole situation as being a crime. It might take 2 years, or it might take 200 years, but it will eventually happen just because that is the way history works. And yes, you can go back to the same class you want me to take to learn that yourself. ;):P