The ultimate free for all about cars

Tjj226_Angel

For autoX I would take a Slobalt SS over an overweight 100,000 mile 5-series BMW. I would bet money the SS would own it around a tight course.

For a cross country trip I'd love a 745 to relax in, but for price:performance BMW would not be high up on my list.

For autoX I would take a Slobalt SS over an overweight 100,000 mile 5-series BMW. I would bet money the SS would own it around a tight course.

For a cross country trip I'd love a 745 to relax in, but for price:performance BMW would not be high up on my list.

Considering the Cobalt SS hangs with the M3 on the Nurburgring (an arguably FAST course) on a short course it'd murder that Bimmer.

You think that heavy pig is faster in ANY way? :lol:

Yeah, especially if you read. 6 cylinders in the BMW against 4 in the cobalt. BMW is faster in the 0-60 race, and has a better suspension for tighter corners.

The only way your stupid cobalt would even have a CHANCE. Is because it is made out of crappy plastics making it lighter. Quite frankly the only time I would want my car to use plastics is NEVER.

Yeah, especially if you read. 6 cylinders in the BMW against 4 in the cobalt. BMW is faster in the 0-60 race, and has a better suspension for tighter corners.

:lol: The M3 is better in every way by a huge amount over the 525...and it loses to the Cobalt too. I don't understand your reasoning here.

:lol: The M3 is better in every way by a huge amount over the 525...and it loses to the Cobalt too. I don't understand your reasoning here.

I would still race ya. :biggrin:

If you don't like the idea of going up against a big scary BMW, there are some good Subaru WRXs that could beat the Cobalt. Would that ease your mind that your cobalt just isn't going to win?

Well, about the nurburgring I may put a link:

Fastest Laps Nurburgring

There is a lap of the Cobalt SS there and the BMW M3 E46 has a lap too, which is a second faster than the Cobalt. A fact is that they're faster than the Impreza and the Focus RS MK2 and other great cars. :P

If you look a bit higher, you'll notice a little Renault Megane there, which is the fastest production car in FF layout in nurburgring. :lol:

The only way your stupid cobalt would even have a CHANCE. Is because it is made out of crappy plastics making it lighter. Quite frankly the only time I would want my car to use plastics is NEVER.

6 all motor cylinders vs 4 cylinders boosted at ~15psi. Every 14psi effectively doubles the potential performance of an engine. How much of an effect does that make? The SC Cobalt makes MORE horsepower then the 6cyl BMW...a lot more. 260 in the SC/SS vs 215 for the 525i. It also weighs like 800lbs less. Even the older NA 2.4liter makes 175...only 40hp less with a huge weight advantage that more then makes up for it.

Seriously, 525i vs Cobalt SS isn't even a comparison, the SS murders it.

>Awesome, time to show Waco what's up with a 335i, a 1 series, a used M3, or maybe even a Z4M, that'll show him what BMW precision engineering is all about (As a student at Clemson he'll have no idea what that is)

>Click link

>Horrible looking bottom of the barrel 5 series, not even the 545 or 550

>mfw

tumblr_lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm.png

Edited by ekiM