newegg has 7970 for sale NOW ...

neko77025

Not really. I'll wait until I find one for $300... probably won't even then.

This

Kind of lame. Great improvement over its own previous gen(60% or so over HD 6970 sometimes) but not much over the last gen's best (single GPU's, not dual).

• Like 1

i smell a hater

[ am debating on either the 7970 or two gtx 560 ti 448 or two 6970 if price drops

not sure yet

I don't know why you have to be a hater to not buy something so obviously overpriced...

• Like 1

I don't know why you have to be a hater to not buy something so obviously overpriced...

yea .. umm overpiced .. its 15- 20% faster then gtx 580 .. and its the same price .. once its overclocked ... it matches / beats 590s 6990s .. it seem too be a very good deal.

Seems every new release video cards go up $200 MB around the same.... Not buying anything new for about 10 years...

Huh? Video cards have been this and even more expensive since they started coming out....8800ULTRA was what, $800?

I got a GTX 580 that overclocks to 960MHz with just 1100mV's for $334, and a not-so-great overclocking GTX 580 that came with a waterblock for $420... it was still overpriced, but compared to what other people would be able to buy them for, a good buy at the price.