Another Upgrade - LGA2011

At least wait to see what Ivy Bridge brings to the table. You wouldn't want to find out that your SB-E CPU only gets to 4.8GHz and gets similar performance from an IB CPU at 5.6GHz. Remember what happened with the i7 980X?

Besides, I've never even been tempted to try a SB-E and LGA 2011 board since the 2500k/2600k/2700k's overclock and perform so well.

At least wait to see what Ivy Bridge brings to the table. You wouldn't want to find out that your SB-E CPU only gets to 4.8GHz and gets similar performance from an IB CPU at 5.6GHz. Remember what happened with the i7 980X?

Besides, I've never even been tempted to try a SB-E and LGA 2011 board since the 2500k/2600k/2700k's overclock and perform so well.

Agreed, and I am tempted easily :biggrin:

LOL. I'm going to be on X58 until at least 2013. The original Core i7s still are beasts. My 930 even at stock clocks is within a few frames per second of a 2600k in most games. :cheers:

Although, I do see the usefulness of twelve logical cores in video encoding, virtualization, 3D rendering or other professional applications.

LOL. I'm going to be on X58 until at least 2013. The original Core i7s still are beasts. My 930 even at stock clocks is within a few frames per second of a 2600k in most games. :cheers:

Although, I do see the usefulness of twelve logical cores in video encoding, virtualization, 3D rendering or other professional applications.

Same here, my x6 is very close to the current CPUs and I don't see any reason to upgrade. If its not broke don't fix it. :cheers: