Another Upgrade - LGA2011

6 cores and 12 threads for games that start utilising it over the next 3-5 years ?

And that gets you what? An extra 3 FPS when you turn off vsync? It's a waste of money no matter how you want to justify it...

There's no way you'll keep it for 3-5 years anyway. :lol:

Edited by Waco

6 cores and 12 threads for games that start utilising it over the next 3-5 years ?

That system will be smoked before year one so I have my doubts there. And if its not smoked by then the system will have been sold.

You're a reviewer and you get yours for free so it doesnt count :P

:nono: It def counts when you consider the amount of work he does! I don't consider that free ;) I know he gets my vote every year for hardest working staff member!

:nono: It def counts when you consider the amount of work he does! I don't consider that free ;) I know he gets my vote every year for hardest working staff member!

I suppose you are right , but the hardware still doesn't cost money :P

Ok Maximus IV Extreme-Z and 2600k and 2nd 6970 are sold :)

Seems like this is what I will get :

i7 3930K - this is obviously the only choice in the LGA2011 CPU category since the 3960X is way too much for just 3Mb extra cache

ASRock Extreme9

- I was going to get the Rampage IV Extreme BUT I will never use quad-sli/cf , I might not even use tri-sli/crf and two new cards is probably the max in the future.

- This board has dual 8 pins for CPU power which is an available power draw of upto 300 watts while the RIV only has 8+4 pin which is only upto 225 watts - strange when you consider that 5GHz will use about 300 watts of power

-Also has good heatsinks and an active one like the RIV

-Abundance of SATA, has USB3 headers and a bracket to allow an extra 2 USB 3.0s on the back

-Even has a molex to supply the board more power like my old MIV

-Waaaay better soundcard than the RIV which uses quad core sound on the Creative Sound Core3D. This is a great feature

And the Extreme9 is like $110 cheaper over here which means more available money for other things which I am going to explain now :

Upgrading my WC stuff : Selling Rasa block and Res/Pump with my other RS360 and Swift MCR220

Getting :

Swiftech MCP655-B - About time I get this monster pump

Question about this : Im not getting the varable speed since its going to run at max in my loop unless running a pump slower will give lower temps ? Should I rather get variable speed ?

Swiftech Apogee HD block - Comes with 2011 mounting stuff and it one of the highest performing blocks

XSPC Single bay reservoir - Just need somewhere to top up the water and fill the loop

10ft of Red 1/2 ID 3/4OD tubing (with a couple extra clamps so I can run two clamps on the pump, cpu block and rad for extra peace of mind)

I and H Dead-Water Copper Sulfate Biocidal PC Coolant Additive - Im running pure distilled water with no dyes to get the best performance and get rid of gunking up. This will take care of algae

What do you guys think ?

Have you thought of a xspc, ek ect top for the d5 pump? That is so you dont have a large bay res going up room.

Only reason for variable is to run it quieter wont make it cooler faster is what wil always get better temps because the larger the diff in temps the more effective the heat transfers.

Nice mobo choice a bit gaudy for some but I like it and yes no point in the extreme chip cept the e-pene :lol:

Please stick to a reasonable amount of ram in this build something like 16gb of 1600mhz (4x4gb sticks).

What you doing storage wise? Also what sort of raid set ups are available on that board?

Use that damn sound/network card and let us know what its like :biggrin: