What Is Your 2011 GOTY?

bilcliff

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Game of The Year (GOTY) for 2011?

• La Noire
    • Witcher 2
    • Portal 2
    • Infamous 2
    • Deus Ex Human Revolution
    • Dead Island
    • Gear of War 3
    • Batman Arkham City
    • Battlefield 3
    • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
    • The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
    • Assassins Creed Revalations
    • Uncharted 3
    • Saints Row The Third
    • Serious Sam 3
    • Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Bastion
    • Terraria
    • Dead Space 2
    • Little Big Planet 2
    • Other (Specify In comments)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will vote Witcher 2

I'm playing Witcher 2 and Dead Island. I also saw a video of Serious Sam 3 and is more of the same with beter graphics. Perhaps before to know the results the most voted will be BF3

I really don't find Skyrim that fun... the controls feel much more unwieldy than The Witcher 2, and the actual game play just wasn't interesting for me. The story is the best, hands down, but the crashes and bugs made it too hard to get into it for me.

I quit playing it in less than 2 hrs :unsure:

Arkham City was very polished (minus the DX11 compatability) and the game was in every way better than Arkham Asylum. I am already into 40+ hrs played.

Then again, I am a huge Batman fan... :dunno:

You're right 2011 has been a big year for video games. I haven't all the titles in that list. I would love to play Skyrim and Arkham City when I have more time. My vote goes to BF3. The most recent BF3 update has fixed the constant crashing and lag issue, which has made the game much more enjoyable to play.

I just cannot vote till I have at the very least tried both Batman and Skyrim. Both games have received so much praise and accolades that it seems wrong to vote without playing them ...especially since I own Batman. :fp: I am in town this weekend ...so I am planning on giving the Dark Knight some gaming love.

I have put the most time into MW3 but there is no way I could call that GotY - game time != quality.

I thought I could call BF3 the GotY, but they slacked in so many different areas and Origin is so damn buggy that I cannot reward that kind of laziness.