What have you won?

F13Bubba

I've won a couple things in the past decade or so. A GTS 250 from a folding contest here on OCC, the OCC Christmas Giveaway Grand Prize back in 2007 (I think...the exact year escapes me) but I had to sell the grand prize (to my brother) to cover tuition for the spring semester. :(

I also won a CoolIT ECO ALC from that contest on Youtube. I ended up giving it to a friend who had a loud-butt Coolermaster heatsink. :lol:

In my whole life, ever?

~7: Talc in a raffle :lol:

~10: Bottle of Bells Whiskey (for winning at 9-pin skittles in a pub... my dad bought it off me for £10, which was mega-bucks for a 10-year old in 1989 haha)

~26: Subscription to MaximumPC

~27: Red Orchestra

That's all I can remember... I probably won some other stuff and forgot...

I won Metro 2033 last year through a giveaway here on OCC.

I never win anything though. I have terrible luck. You should send me one of those mice, my deathadder is going through it's death throes.

EDIT: Oh, and that CoolIT Eco ALC last year (which kicked the bucket and they sent me a Vantage for free.)

Edited by Locutus

I won a sapphire HD4670 from here during a Christmas contest in 2007 or 2008. It was when the HD4xxx was the newest ATI series. My friend won the flagship (at the time) HD4850x2 from the same contest. I've also won things like cases/heatsinks from lan party tournaments and raffles.

I don't recall winning any sweepstakes at all. Only events/competitions I've won was ones where you have to use your head or some kind of skill.

I can give a little story about how lucky some people are though:

My moms company was having a contest where you could win a two week trip to Japan.

When the winner was drawn, they of course called him, but couldn't get hold of him. So they tried again for about 2 weeks (something they have to according to the law, only if 3 weeks pass can they find a new winner)

Then at the end of the second week they tried to call him one more time, and finally he picks up. He is then presented with the good news, and is more than happy to know that he had won.

The catch is that the reason he didn't pick up was that he had been in Japan for 3 weeks on a vacation. Why don't stuff like that happen to me?!?!

So, in the last week, I have been fortunate enough to win 2 steelseries gaming mice, and an NZXT H2 case! It got me to thinking, what have you guys won? How did you feel when you found out? (I saw my name on the list, and scared the crap out of my parents, I shouted so loud :D)

I won an EVGA GTX460 from the EVGA Aniversary Scavenger Hunt in spring of 2010. That prompted me to sell my 275GTX to some guy I saw checkin out vid cards at a local Best Buy, and then buying another 460 to SLI. I think that's about it. And if you don't have a need for that extra mouse Bubba, I've been looking for a gaming mouse for some time ;p