Bulldozer!

I'm tempted to send it back to Newegg for a replacement. I have good money that it's just the BIOS sucking though.

One thing I have noticed - at stock - it clocks down to 2.8 GHz on all cores when running IntelBurnTest after a minute or so of running at mixed 3.1/3.4 GHz. Once it hits 2.8 it'll sit there till the current iteration is done. That seem odd to anyone else?

Im sure it is the BIOS. If you want to send it to me Ill verify it for you LOL

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the second time I have heard the chip not working, somethings going on with BD. On a different forum the guy had a 990FX board and the chip wouldn't boot through in a 1090T and it was good to go.

You mean something is wrong with manufacturers announcing BIOSes that support BD. The chips work well in other boards.

Well the newest BIOS isn't stable with my X3 even at stock...

EDIT: Yup, that's what it was. I thought I had a bad stick of RAM for a while and ended up testing them one-by-one. All of them passed but the system was totally unstable in Windows (random BSODs, never passing IBT). I put the FX-8120 back in and it works just fine. GODDAMMIT I hate ASRock.

Edited by Waco

Wow ... It seems that the Crosshair V Formula's shipped to reviewers had an immature bios apparently .

Here a review for an Asrock board : http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1285/pg10/amd-fx-8150-black-edition-8-core-processor-vs-core-i7-2600k-review-deus-ex-human-revolution.html

The gaming performance is quite impressive , nearly always equaling or exceeding the 2600k :whoa:

Not enough to justify an upgrade from 2500/2600k to FX8120/8150 but an interesting point for budget buyers.

Wow ... It seems that the Crosshair V Formula's shipped to reviewers had an immature bios apparently .

Here a review for an Asrock board : http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1285/pg10/amd-fx-8150-black-edition-8-core-processor-vs-core-i7-2600k-review-deus-ex-human-revolution.html

The gaming performance is quite impressive , nearly always equaling or exceeding the 2600k :whoa:

Not enough to justify an upgrade from 2500/2600k to FX8120/8150 but an interesting point for budget buyers.

:snap: We may have judged BD to early. But AMD needs to work out the bugs quicker.

I love how the reviewers literally have the refresh of my board...but mine is crippled by a broken BIOS even though the hardware is literally the same.

I wonder if I can flash that BIOS to my board? :evilgrin:

We shall see what we shall see. Its still too early to tell if Masses of Computer People are going to go out or order online. All this technical Hassle just to get it to perform on a Par with SB isnt going to fly well with the average buyer with an average rig. I mean Why spend $245eu on something that is barely a minor improvement over current AMD CPUs and hope to get it all right to get the most out of it.

Why not just slap together a SB rig, hit the turbo button to 4.6 and be done with it? Not to put the intent of OCC into a lesser light, but hey im guessing that more than 90 percent of the total buyers are going to want to, for the most part, set it and forget it and get on with BF3 or Deus Ex or SWTOR or Dubstep or what ever it is you use your computer for.

Edited by Kwok