Deus Ex Human Revolution

Gremlin

I snagged it off Amazon for $35 after hearing Andrew talk about it almost constantly. Man hasn't really done much but play the game, so you're kind of forced to listen to him talk about it. :lol:

Bwahahaha

Shaddap!

:whoa:

It's been an awesome game so far though.

:D

Sort of on-topic mind you ... did anyone ever get the high-def texture pack for Deus Ex 1 to work with the Steam download?

I haven't tried it out yet. Did you check the Steam forums? If there's not a topic on it already, I'm sure if you create one, you'll get responses fairly quickly.

Sort of on-topic mind you ... did anyone ever get the high-def texture pack for Deus Ex 1 to work with the Steam download?

I did, but eventually I broke my game trying to add something else (and I cant remember what)

yes i have got it working. i followed this guide

i bought the augmented edition on steam just so i could play through the first Deus Ex. still working on that before i get to downloading HR

• Like 1

yes i have got it working. i followed this guide

i bought the augmented edition on steam just so i could play through the first Deus Ex. still working on that before i get to downloading HR

Ah jolly good - will have a nosey and see how much fail I can create for myself.

Stayed up with my neighbor for the 3am Steam unlock after pre-loading it, played it for 6 straight hours, went to work, came back and hammered out some more.

In short; bought it, beat it, playing it again.

There isn't much I don't like about the game. I love how you die in a few hits, it makes enemy combatants an actual threat and rewards you for being sneaky, yet being in an all out gun battle isn't a death sentence. I loved how different upgrades unlocked different pathways around the levels, instead of just effecting combat/hacking ect. I love how the doors that you are "required" to hack, have their passwords around somewhere so you don't need to put points into hacking upgrades if you don't want to. I also liked the story and how your actions actually come up in the ending.

You know what, I should just list the things I don't like, that will be faster.

I dislike the female talking animation. The male characters don't do it as much but the females seem to not know what to do with their hands.

I also don't like how you can spend the entire game stealthing, not killing anyone and putting no upgrades into combat skills, only to be locked into killing boss characters. The first boss was obnoxiously difficult for me since, up until that point, I hadn't actually killed anyone and even spent most of my time bypassing the guards entirely.

Grenades/mines. Seriously, completely worthless as far as my playthrough was concerned.

Loading times (patched)

How confusing the story gets at times (although due to the ending I think this was intentional and because of that I actually quite enjoyed it)

I honestly loved this game. I have played the first Deus Ex many many times and it is one of my favorite games ever. DE:HR is extremely qualified to wear the title of a Deus Ex game and will hopefully make everyone forget about Deus Ex 2.