3Gb, nvidia 555M

500 GB hard

normal 8x optical drive

Vizio Wireless HD transmitter

1 year advanced dell service

Window 7 64-bit

Alien Orion backpack

What do u guys think of the config ?

and if you think i should go for something else , then please tell me.

I wont be getting it from India as they give only Generic Name plate, they do not have the 1 year advance service and moreover in India they also dont have the Vizio wireless HD transmitter.

The indian price of this M14x, without all these i have mentioned is Rs. 1,19,000.

And the same with all the above will cost me $2400 in Rs. 1,10,500

don't know if sager sells in your country or not but before dell bought alienware sager made their laptops I have a sager from about 6 years ago and the right hand monitor mount has broken just noticed it today really but it still works like a champ

Please don't! Sager FTW, check out this site if you're looking to spend that much. I swear you won't regret it! I believe they can also do overseas shipping, my cousin recently picked a Saper NP8150 w/ 2720QM, 8GB 1333Mhz, GTX485M, etc... all for less than $2,000 US dollars!

LINK!

don't know if sager sells in your country or not but before dell bought alienware sager made their laptops I have a sager from about 6 years ago and the right hand monitor mount has broken just noticed it today really but it still works like a champ

+++1 Sager's are awesome!

I also recommend Sager if you are looking for best performance for the price. They are built on Clevo barebones, and alot of boutique gaming laptop companies use them. Very high quality and construction, but no frills (like a thousand colors and aliens on them).

If you are looking for style, the Alienware is very distinct and hard to match. Sager's you will find a nice clean look, sturdy materials and keyboards, high quality screens (especially if you get a model with a 1080p non-glossy), and you will get some serious performance options (obviously if it is configured the same as the Dell, they will both do the same things equally well- though the Dell will probably come with bloated software, while the Sager probably will be a clean OS install if you opt for it).

Now, at the 14 inch segment, the M14x is a real contender. It offers some enhanced power saving features that most gaming laptops don't bother with, and Sager really likes to spit out desktop replacements (they are known for their 16-18 inchers). At the 14 inch segment, the only other machines that I could recommend would be the HP Envy (though it won't have the configuration options the M14x will, though it is a good style and has more mobility). Also look at MSI, as you will most likely find a 15 incher at a great price with good specs.

A good place to buy is www.xoticpc.com. Great customer service and very reliable.These are their 14 inchers they offer from Asus and MSI (note: I personally think 15 inches is a good size to get decent cooling for high end graphics configurations in a notebook- you will also pay less because its easier to squeeze things in than in 14 inchers).

Edited by LuckyDeath

It sounds good, and if its the best available option to you, I'd say to go for it. So it has a one year warranty even though you aren't getting it from India?

The thing is that i am getting my Laptop from US only as , if i buy from India, i CANNOT

1) Customise it

2) Generic Nameplate

3) No Backpack

4) No HD transmitter

5) No Advance service option

6) Rs. 10,000 More ie. $218 MORE. (without all this above)

LINK to this

I have heard a lot about these , But to my misfortune Sager is not in India, Alienware is but it is worthless as i said above.