Thinking about an Alienware

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some people think Alienware's look better with flashy logos and lights, others go for a cleaner simpler look. I personally prefer Sager's because I wouldn't feel embarrassed for a girl to see me use it (it doesn't scream 'NERD!' like a green alien and my WoW username engraved on it does). Also in public, it doesn't beg to be stolen like an Alienware does.

But I also have simple tastes, and I appreciate a nice clean black laptop that is well built. Also, I appreciate that its way less money I have to spend. They know the way to my heart.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some people think Alienware's look better with flashy logos and lights, others go for a cleaner simpler look. I personally prefer Sager's because I wouldn't feel embarrassed for a girl to see me use it (it doesn't scream 'NERD!' like a green alien and my WoW username engraved on it does). Also in public, it doesn't beg to be stolen like an Alienware does.

But I also have simple tastes, and I appreciate a nice clean black laptop that is well built. Also, I appreciate that its way less money I have to spend. They know the way to my heart.

And ignorance is bliss I guess. You do know you can turn off all the lights on an Alienware, and when I had mine I had my name on the back-plate so people would know it was mine. With the light's turned off it has a very nice clean look, and still looks WAY better than a Sager (though I think the Asus ROG series looks the best).

And as far as girls, you just need to know how to smooth talk them. Once you get that down pat, you could be playing Pokemon (which I still do) and they would think it is the greatest game ever. Haha

You gotta remember power efficiency has come a LONG way since the Core2/9600GT days... Not only are CPU's/GPU's with the same TDP just using less power, especially at idle/barely being used, but battery tech as come a long way as well! Gotta remember any sandy bridge laptop CPU has a GPU included in its TDP, so its its not being used? Then the power usage plummets. DDR3 over DDR2 uses way less power... Even hard drives, and /drool SSD's. rolleyes.gif

Naturally, but I guarantee the proposed system will use far more power... and even if the sandy bridge laptop includes the integrated graphics into it's TDP, it still has the nvidia graphics weighing it down :P

@Trapt... well at this point we're arguing over nothing. You like Alienware's style, I prefer Sager. I think one looks cool, and you disagree. Thats why both of these companies make money, different strokes for different folks.

@IVI... again, that was the results Anandtech got with the M14x. Feel free to click the link I put there and check their review out if you doubt it. If you don't believe their numbers, feel free to email them asking about them. As of right now, they are the ones who actually had this laptop... so I believe them until you drop the $2k on one and test it yourself and tell me otherwise :biggrin:

Anyways, I think the OP has enough information to make his choice at this point. If we are any indication, he will be happy with whatever he gets.

my sager had 1 issue i didn't cause it was missing a heatsink screw for a small heatsink I took a pic let sager know how I felt about their quality control and 2 days later a bag with 2 screws arrived in the mail this was over 3 years after my warranty expired too it is now 7 years old I believe and i was right when I told bestbuy that this lenovo wasn't an upgrade it was a sideways move for me with the exception this business class lappy I am using now is more efficient. Wished I would have bought the asus they had or bit the bullet and bought another sager now

And ignorance is bliss I guess. You do know you can turn off all the lights on an Alienware, and when I had mine I had my name on the back-plate so people would know it was mine. With the light's turned off it has a very nice clean look, and still looks WAY better than a Sager (though I think the Asus ROG series looks the best).And as far as girls, you just need to know how to smooth talk them. Once you get that down pat, you could be playing Pokemon (which I still do) and they would think it is the greatest game ever. Haha

Naturally, but I guarantee the proposed system will use far more power... and even if the sandy bridge laptop includes the integrated graphics into it's TDP, it still has the nvidia graphics weighing it down :P

@Trapt... well at this point we're arguing over nothing. You like Alienware's style, I prefer Sager. I think one looks cool, and you disagree. Thats why both of these companies make money, different strokes for different folks.@IVI... again, that was the results Anandtech got with the M14x. Feel free to click the link I put there and check their review out if you doubt it. If you don't believe their numbers, feel free to email them asking about them. As of right now, they are the ones who actually had this laptop... so I believe them until you drop the $2k on one and test it yourself and tell me otherwise :biggrin: Anyways, I think the OP has enough information to make his choice at this point. If we are any indication, he will be happy with whatever he gets.

my sager had 1 issue i didn't cause it was missing a heatsink screw for a small heatsink I took a pic let sager know how I felt about their quality control and 2 days later a bag with 2 screws arrived in the mail this was over 3 years after my warranty expired too it is now 7 years old I believe and i was right when I told bestbuy that this lenovo wasn't an upgrade it was a sideways move for me with the exception this business class lappy I am using now is more efficient. Wished I would have bought the asus they had or bit the bullet and bought another sager now

Hey Guyz i Just checked all out, Sager In India=NO , Service =NO, After sales anything= NOTHING.

Alienware:- Service=YES, International Warrenty= Yes, Advance service= YES, After sales Support= YES.... I'm so pissed, IDK what to do... :s

@Trapt... well at this point we're arguing over nothing. You like Alienware's style, I prefer Sager. I think one looks cool, and you disagree. Thats why both of these companies make money, different strokes for different folks.

I know we have different viewpoints, but your main argument was that the Alienware was too flashy because of the lights. That's why I said we can turn them off, just another version of customization to suit it to what us the consumers want.

Hey Guyz i Just checked all out, Sager In India=NO , Service =NO, After sales anything= NOTHING.

Alienware:- Service=YES, International Warrenty= Yes, Advance service= YES, After sales Support= YES.... I'm so pissed, IDK what to do... :s

Then it all comes down to warranty then... Are you willing to pay the extra money to have the international warranty that Alienware offers? Or are you ok spending less money but no warranty? Personally with a laptop I would REALLY REALLY want the warranty, ive never owned a laptop that i didnt have to warranty something on. Although my Asus laptop just needed a new keyboard that prolly would have cost me $20, but my HP? Was completely replaced twice... I DEFINITELY got my warranty's worth with my HP, everything is great now with it.

Just make the decision of warranty or no... Then your answer is easy.

Sager might not do international warranties, but the retailer probably does.

i.e. XoticPC would handle your warranty service, but you would have to pay to ship it back to them. Look at XoticPC's information, Sager themselves are not who you would be buying this from, so they won't handle any warranty from out of the country. XoticPC will.

Edited by LuckyDeath

Then it all comes down to warranty then... Are you willing to pay the extra money to have the international warranty that Alienware offers? Or are you ok spending less money but no warranty? Personally with a laptop I would REALLY REALLY want the warranty, ive never owned a laptop that i didnt have to warranty something on. Although my Asus laptop just needed a new keyboard that prolly would have cost me $20, but my HP? Was completely replaced twice... I DEFINITELY got my warranty's worth with my HP, everything is great now with it.Just make the decision of warranty or no... Then your answer is easy.

Hmm... I guess this solves my prob.

Sager might not do international warranties, but the retailer probably does. i.e. XoticPC would handle your warranty service, but you would have to pay to ship it back to them. Look at XoticPC's information, Sager themselves are not who you would be buying this from, so they won't handle any warranty from out of the country. XoticPC will.

I understand what you r saying, But according to me this is Risky Business, sending it overseas for Service think , is a Big pain in the Butt....

I understand what you r saying, But according to me this is Risky Business, sending it overseas for Service think , is a Big pain in the Butt....

I agree. Having an issue and sending it out will make you wait for like 2 months just to get something fixed. 2 months is a long time, and would make me not want to send something to get fixed. So that route would be either send it out and miss it for a long time, or deal with the issue while you do have the warranty. Sucks either way.

Whatever you decide, just make sure you are happy with the purchase!!!!