ASUS Mars II Dual GTX580 has landed ....

Nyt

Nyt, you say your 1x GTX580 nearly gets a 590 stock... thats not a comparison. Either both stock, or both OC. Comparing OC to Stock is completely pointless.

You what is not a comparison also ... Two GPU's against one :rolleyes:

So comparing a 580 to 590 is pointless either way but I still get close in 3D Mark 11 , heck I even beat 6970 trifire in that benchie with SLI .

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You what is not a comparison also ... Two GPU's against one :rolleyes:

So comparing a 580 to 590 is pointless either way but I still get close in 3D Mark 11 , heck I even beat 6970 trifire in that benchie with SLI .

LMFAO, you beat my 6970 TriFire with a 2nd gen 2600K @ 5GHz by less the 100pts :whistling: Put 3 6970's in a setup with a 2600K @ 5GHz, and they would stop the S out of your 580 SLI setup, at a much lower cost :P All FutureMark benches have always favored Nvidia, as well as an extreme bias towards heavily OCed CPU's ;) But, hey that's why we OC right :evilgrin:

Back to reality though, that price is nutz!

LMFAO, you beat my 6970 TriFire with a 2nd gen 2600K @ 5GHz by less the 100pts :whistling: Put 3 6970's in a setup with a 2600K @ 5GHz, and they would stop the S out of your 580 SLI setup, at a much lower cost :P All FutureMark benches have always favored Nvidia, as well as an extreme bias towards heavily OCed CPU's ;) But, hey that's why we OC right :evilgrin:

Back to reality though, that price is nutz!

I already told him this on the 3dMark11 forum, but i think he ignored me, lololol.

Yea, Nvidia has always had an edge in most bechmarks. I think the gap is much closer with actual games, trading back and forth most of the time! But, Capi you do bring up one of the most important/overlooked features IMHO in a gpu with gaming and that is the min FPS. The higher the min FPS the more smooth a game runs :thumbsup:

Reviews never have processor's overclocked like we do... your i7 @ 5.0Ghz gives you ALOT of extra points. If you had that GTX580 x2 you'd probably get a much higher score than they did with the same video card.

We currently use an X58 platform with a 920 sporting a 1GHz overclock for our video card testing. You have to look at the fact that most people that buy a video card will not be overclocking although more and more people are overclocking now that the tools and manufacturers are making it easy for joe six pack to do it. If the video card is the limitation CPU clock speed means nothing in terms of results with the exception of Futuremark scoring that is a combination of CPU and GPU performance. I can take a Corei72600K at 3.4 and 4.8 and get the same FPS in most games when running 4 to 8xaa and 16x af.