ASUS Mars II Dual GTX580 has landed ....

Nyt

Hey guys,

The real GTX590 has landed : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/Mars_II/1.html

But at an estimated price of $1499 people are better off with tri-SLI :P

I mean seriously , my 580 SLI overclocked beats the pants off this thing when this is oc'ed and mine is only 2/3 the price :pfp:

What do you think ? Overpriced or overpriced ? Know anyone stupid enough to buy one ? :P

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more than double the price of the 590... and has only marginally better performance.

Yeah, OK. One could argue that it saves space but if you have THAT much money you'll probably have enough for a large case and 4x 580's. Even then quad sli scales pretty bad so there's not much reason to go for it.

Even if I had piles of money I wouldn't pick the thing up - it's cool and all but that's it. Price/performance is just horrid.

my 580 SLI overclocked beats the pants off this thing when this is oc'ed and mine is only 2/3 the price :pfp:

For a second I read that as a single 580 beat the 590, and I wondered how that was possible and how could I get in on the action. Then I realized what you said and now I am sad.

For a second I read that as a single 580 beat the 590, and I wondered how that was possible and how could I get in on the action. Then I realized what you said and now I am sad.

My single 580 comes darn close to a GTX590 though. The GTX590 according to the OCC review gets P8693 stock in 3D Mark 11 while mine gets P8264 overclocked.

But I still lose :P Only an LN2 580 can beat a 590 .

My single 580 comes darn close to a GTX590 though. The GTX590 according to the OCC review gets P8693 stock in 3D Mark 11 while mine gets P8264 overclocked.

But I still lose :P Only an LN2 580 can beat a 590 .

Reviews never have processor's overclocked like we do... your i7 @ 5.0Ghz gives you ALOT of extra points. If you had that GTX580 x2 you'd probably get a much higher score than they did with the same video card.

Crazy price!

Nyt, you say your 1x GTX580 nearly gets a 590 stock... thats not a comparison. Either both stock, or both OC. Comparing OC to Stock is completely pointless.