Running shoes, yo

NikolaT

More runners than I thoguht!

The five fingers seem interesting... sadly they nor Brooks shoes are not available in Serbia. The best you can do here is Mizuno and Asics, not to say they're bad.

I alternate in between my running styles but I tend to stick to one pair. Breaking into multiple pairs is a huge pain.

I believe I have a neutral pronation and standard foot structure - so nothing out of the ordinary. I run HIIT (sprint/jog), long distance (10-20k) and 5km speedy runs.

You said you can get asics, so...

I had the model before this, prior to my currrent lightweight runners.

Unfortunately melted them, yes i melted them, was careless with my soldering iron in my room last time i do that.

The price may not be your cup of tea, certainly isn't mine, but picked up on special they served me well. However if you are running on anything other than grass or track try something different, they are useless for gravel but fine on dirt.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you have a normal foot and a decent back then you can run bare foot.

You forgot to add "And hate your feet" to that one there. Talk to a podiatrist before you try it.

I've stuck with Asics for the most part, my first pair was a pair of Kayanos. Right now I'm using Gel 1150 for everyday wear and running on gravel and pavement.

I've had a pair of Asics, which was a nice pair for long runs due to the support (I'm pronating). Now I use a pair of Nike LunarGlide. What any beginning runner should do is to visit a specialized store and have their running style checked, so that they can get a pair of shoes that match their feet and the way they run. It can really make the difference. I did that with my Asics, but not my Nike, and the Nike aren't as good as the Asics; for my feet atleast.

Going on my first fully barefoot run today. Like I said before Iv'e been wearing Vibram FiveFingers for a few years now and feel my feet are now fully able to run completely barefoot. Can't wait for the experience. There's really nothing like feeling connected to the earth while running. :D Can't even get close to the same feeling with regular shoes.

Do any of you do any competitions? Half/full marathons? 5/10ks? I've never competed but am lined up to do a 2 5k's and a 10k winter comp.

I used to wear my Nikes... had an older pair of them -- they were great on the track and street. I like vibrams -- but I don't have the $$ to own a pair, I actually bought a knock off pair from fila -- skelatoes, they aren't as flexible but for the price it was a nice opportunity to try out the toe feel, at some point I'm going to find the money to go for a "real" pair.

But it really all comes down to the type of running -- I'm assuming you are talking distance runs?

If you are serious about your running, you should have a gait analysis first and find out which shoes are best, depending on their support (hard, medium, soft etc), denoted by the colour of the foam on the arch of the foot.