Mmmmmm Stable 5Ghz 1st try OC

MJCRO

I got my new Antec Kuhler 920 installed about an hour ago, here's a go around for OC'ing, 5GHZ stable after about 2 tests, now going onto my 12th test, still no errors and temps 82C max, I going go back and try to lower the LLC to Level 7, @ Level 8 right now. Vcore is at 1.435, gonna bring it down to 1.425 and so on..

I <3 Sandy Bridge. rolleyes.gif

Capture-9.jpg

Edited by MJCRO

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my new Antec Kuhler 920 installed about an hour ago, here's go around for OC'ing, 5GHZ stable after about 2 tests, now going onto my 12th test, still no errors and temps 82C max, I going go back and try to lower the LLC to Level 7, @ Level 8 right now. Vcore is at 1.435, gonna bring it down to 1.425 and so on..

I <3 Sandy Bridge. :woot:

Capture-9.jpg

nice job man try running OCCT for 2 hours and see if its stable. And i noticed your also from the bronx thats pretty cool man.

nice job man try running OCCT for 2 hours and see if its stable. And i noticed your also from the bronx thats pretty cool man.

Thanks man. Got a house in Morris Park, living in Westchester now ATM.

Edited by MJCRO

At those settings in the screenshot, I ran it for about 4.5 hrs on P95; rock solid. When I get home from work tonight, I'm gonna try same go around but with some lower voltage. Maybe even push to 5.1! ;)

I tried 4.8 with Vcore at 1.390, LLC @ Level 5, max temp 69C after 30 min. P95 run! I love this chip, and I could go lower in voltage no problem at that speed.

Edited by MJCRO

1 minute does not prove stability LOL !

What is the actual vcore?

Actual CPU Vcore was 1.435v with all other voltages set to Auto and LLC @ Level 8 for 5Ghz. It ran rock solid for the 4.5 hrs I had it going with P95, max temp @ 83C along all cores. I just need to tune the voltage down as far as possible to maybe get it under ~75C. :D The 1.056v you see in CPU-Z is a lie, that's just the CPU PLL. ;)

Edited by MJCRO

Nice :) I got 5GHz at 1.45v first try and Im happy with it . I never tried lower volts but since I have WC I dont need to worry :P Glad to see you got it stable , High 5 :cheers: