Antec h2o 920 vs hiper 212+

Only thing I would change out of the Rasa kit would be the Tubing that it comes with. Get some decent duralene Pvc 1/2-3/4 tubing, 8 clamps, 3 different fans and the XSPC rasa kit is awesome. But hey, it runs fine at stock too. :D

I didnt change anything (except 6 push/pull fast fans) and it got me to 5GHZ :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're overclocked to 4.2ghz already, and that's likely not far from the chip's max. The better cooler wouldn't net you appreciably better overclocks.

The money would be better spent on an SSD or something that you'll actually see a difference with :P

i already have an ssd... lol and i want it cooler.. not higher clocks.. plus i aint keeping this for long.. as soon as bulldozer is out im changing chips

also adding another 240 rad and putting the gpus underwater too

You're overclocked to 4.2ghz already, and that's likely not far from the chip's max. The better cooler wouldn't net you appreciably better overclocks.

The money would be better spent on an SSD or something that you'll actually see a difference with :P

+1

i already have an ssd... lol and i want it cooler.. not higher clocks.. plus i aint keeping this for long.. as soon as bulldozer is out im changing chips

also adding another 240 rad and putting the gpus underwater too

Then save your money :P

Wait to see how Bulldozer is, it may run retardedly cool like the Sandybridge chips do and you won't need to upgrade.

The temps are fine and under the max safe!

yer but its inaccurate.. so just go off mobo reading and add ten.. that puts me in the mid 60s which last i checked is unsafe for it.. but thats when its hot in my room... i cant run 4.2ghz stable without the aircon on the pc and even with the ac the temps still go into the mid 40s.. this cooler just cant move heat fast enough from the cpu to the fins.. at 4ghz its fine coz its got less voltage, but at 4.2 the cooler is well past its limit.

4ghz gives me lowish 40s while folding and mid 30s while gaming.. but add 10 to that and u get a closer temp to what its actually sitting on.. so its not exactly "cold" shes running quite warm

and yet agin.. i wanna put my GRAPHICS CARDS under water too! top card sits around 79-81 while folding or gaming at 900mhz.. bottom sits around 72... those temps r fine.. but with a custom fan profile.. she gets rather loud while gaming.. and i mean seriously loud.. annoying sometimes not to mention the cpu cooler has 2 hi flow hi speed fans thats also very noisy...

overall the pc is just too fkn noisy and too hot.. heats my room up no worries.. i sleep with the window open its and sub5 degrees outside but if i leave the pc folding my room only drops to around 15degs.. . loads of heat being produced lol

those little mini watercooled fans like the 920 and the corsair one are fine, but they are not going to cool much better than any old air cooled aftermarket heatsink

the antec 920 costs 120$

a decent air cooler would be about 40$

if an extra 80$ spent helps you sleep better at night go ahead and get it

the reason being is due to the size of the radiator and airflow

it's fun to have, but if you need better cooling you need to get a real water cooling setup which I dont think you need

if you enjoy wasting your money on those things, go ahead and get one, I myself enjoy buying anime toys

I am thinking about getting a water cooling setup, but not for the CPU, what I want must have a GPU block as well

nobody needs anything we talk about here.. everything would run fine stock.. but this is occ and we dont do stock.. and i like exterme.. and if u think that a cpu thats running on the limits of its thermal abilities means i dont need water then u obviously dont know about pcs...

also if u had bothered to read the thread ud realise im not getting a 920. another thing.. the air coolers that come close to the 920 dont cost 40.. they sit around the 80-100 mark. I am getting a proper water kit which was suggested by Nyt who gave me the actual kit for it.