I`m in doubt about fan-filters on the HAF X case

Okay guys, I finally got my HAF X, but dust is quite a problem for me, thus the need for fan-filters. So, I know the HAF X already has a fan-filter on its front fan, the big 230mm intake fan, but in the other hand, the side panel fan does not, so I`m looking for a fan-filter to put on it. I know fan-filters can restrict air-flow quite a bit so I want fan-filters that don`t do that as much..

This is what I`ve come across so far..

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_463_500_501&products_id=30845 - These magnetic filters sound really interesting!

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_463_92&products_id=27624 - I also like the idea of the filter being hidden though..

They look pretty decent, and according to the manufacturer, FilterRight, are for HAF and 840 cases, so it should be all good.

But the question is, will it reduce the amount of air coming into the case too much or it should be okay?

Another option would be to hit up your local hardware or home improvement store, buy some furnace or air conditioner filters, then cut them down to size and attach to the case. Cheaper solution that works just the same, will stop a lot of dust, and barely restrict airflow.

Another option would be to hit up your local hardware or home improvement store, buy some furnace or air conditioner filters, then cut them down to size and attach to the case. Cheaper solution that works just the same, will stop a lot of dust, and barely restrict airflow.

+1

+1

That`s an option of course, but it doesn't sound as good to me.. thanks anyway.

Just noticed that the power supply would also take air from the bottom and exhaust it through the rear of the case.. Would I need a filter down there as well?

Edited by Templai

Just noticed that the power supply would also take air from the bottom and exhaust it through the rear of the case.. Would I need a filter down there as well?

Well if your concerned about the side fan having no filter, then you should be as well about the PSU fan.

Hey mate Im using a Demci 140x140 filter on the back of my HAF X now, since my H70 is working as intake. Thing works a charm, I'll take it off and wipe the dust off once a week, and there can be a bit on there. Been using it now for 5 months, took the H70 off about 2 weeks ago, there was next to nothing stuck in the radiator fins, really happy with that.

It's going to reduce airflow slightly, but for what its saving, why not. Especially if I dont have to blow out the radiator every 6 months.

Check this out, cut up for the HAF X, not sure if anyone else stocks it:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=15126

I almost got one, but the HAF X does have a semi decent filter, and was only worried about protecting the rad.

Edited by hoody_s13

my HAF X came with dust filters on all fans except the 120mm top exhaust fan at the back of the case.

great case the HAF X just the dust is a BIG problem.

Hey mate Im using a Demci 140x140 filter on the back of my HAF X now, since my H70 is working as intake. Thing works a charm, I'll take it off and wipe the dust off once a week, and there can be a bit on there. Been using it now for 5 months, took the H70 off about 2 weeks ago, there was next to nothing stuck in the radiator fins, really happy with that.

It's going to reduce airflow slightly, but for what its saving, why not. Especially if I dont have to blow out the radiator every 6 months.

Check this out, cut up for the HAF X, not sure if anyone else stocks it:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=15126

I almost got one, but the HAF X does have a semi decent filter, and was only worried about protecting the rad.

$70????? Totaly not worth it. GO down to the hardware store and pick up a furnace filter for 10 bucks.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

$70????? Totaly not worth it. GO down to the hardware store and pick up a furnace filter for 10 bucks.

Alternative: Go find some ladies dress stalkings. Id think you'd prefer black over the flesh colored ones ha. Stretch it over the intake fans, cut and fit to size/preferance. Viola!