VIDEO CARD DILEMA

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem solved. Purchased two GTX 570s from ShadowFox here in his [WTS] thread. Woot!

And he gave me the deal of the century :) Bought one gently used and one NIB for the same price I would have spent on two new GTX 560Ti's or HD 6950s.

I AM a happy camper.

Problem solved. Purchased two GTX 570s from ShadowFox here in his [WTS] thread. Woot!

And he gave me the deal of the century :) Bought one gently used and one NIB for the same price I would have spent on two new GTX 560Ti's or HD 6950s.

I AM a happy camper.

spill it! how much?? (after they're shipped out :P )

560 is not a big upgrade versus a 460, so either go even higher or not at all

Fair statement if you were comparing my o/c'd GTX 460s with stock clock GTX 560Ti.

However, with both versions of the cards operating at stock frequencies the GTX 560Ti cards offer a decent performance improvement over the GTX 460s.

As I mentioned earlier up in the thread - the point is moot now because I've bought two GTX 570 cards from Shadow.

Im uber happy with my 460. I dont see why you want 2x 560..

I think you can buy just 1x 580 and u will be able to play ANY game at any resolution (i suposse :P).. i mean i play all with my 460..

Single cards arent really in his future...you know what they say...if you go, go BIG

Spot on Doc :) I went the biggest I could get :) Nice choice Wevs

Im uber happy with my 460. I dont see why you want 2x 560..

I think you can buy just 1x 580 and u will be able to play ANY game at any resolution (i suposse :P).. i mean i play all with my 460..

There isn't any rhyme nor reason when I spend money on things that I really don't or won't ever need. Multi GPU rigs are an addiction of mine.

Hi - my name is wevsspot - I'm a computer hardware junkie............ you see it all started out when I was ten years old.............. and got worse as I grew older............... hey is there a coffee pot in here or a place I can take a smoke break?.........................

I started a twelve step program a few years back but they kicked me out when I tried to buy two of the Step 14s (which don't exist by the way, so there aren't any for sale, and my sponsor told me even if there were I wouldn't ever need two)

Now back to seriousness;

I love my twin GTX 460 cards in SLi - I mean love them. They are great cards, they are going to a very nice home of a good friend who has two children in need of super cards at an unbeatable price. They do everything I ask them to do at 1920x1200 resolutions, but they aren't GTX 570s. Which is what I want right now. Gotta feed the beast. Someday I may be broke, dead or both, and I don't see any reason to leave my kids the money I'm spending on my new video cards. They can have everything else. Well, most everything else....................