What Games Are You Playing?

Fogel

How are you liking Hydrophobia so far? I thought about getting it, looks really great.

It's worth $11.99. It's needed a couple of patches but it looks great. Works best with a controller IMHO.

Nice work fogel :thumbsup: i had a similar idea a while ago but never go to posting it

PC

NBA 2K11 - offline only

Portal 2 - working through co-op with gf

F1 2010 - every now and then

Borderlands - getting to all the dlc that i bought during the xmas sale

Crysis

A lot more people playing SC2 MP then I thought.

Glad people enjoy the thread. Now with Jim's thread out I wonder how many games transition from his thread to this one. I am definitely going to at least download some games from Steam when i get home to maybe improve those odds. :P

A lot more people playing SC2 MP then I thought.

Glad people enjoy the thread. Now with Jim's thread out I wonder how many games transition from his thread to this one. I am definitely going to at least download some games from Steam when i get home to maybe improve those odds. :P

I cant stop playing sc2 :teehee: do you play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc? and perhaps get an OCC team going if others are into the game :evilgrin:

add Defense Grid to my current playlist ...someone should have warned me it was that addicting :vmad:

up till 4am, going into work with 3hrs sleep and being late = not cool

I cant stop playing sc2 :teehee: do you play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc? and perhaps get an OCC team going if others are into the game :evilgrin:

I don't play a lot. I tend to prefer team play even though I'm not very chatty. I only have 1vs1 and 2vs2 open at the moment ...I need to play more to open up 3vs3. I don't think any of the OCC members that do play SC2 play together. I may be wrong I just don't get that impression from the SC2 thread.

PC:

Desktop

JC2 (finished story but am completing all the side missions now)

Stalker: Call of Pripyat (just started this, forgot how much I loved Stalker)

Laptop

Halflife: Opposing Force (Yeeeeup and oldie but never got around to playing this nor Blue Shift and owe it to them to do so)

Mercenaries 2 (start this up on occasion but don't really get any farther in it, think I'm on the last mission too lol)

PS3:

Final Fantasy 12 (really have been slacking on this, probably haven't touched it in atleast a month)

Hero(Phone):

Pokemon: Emerald (Emulators FTW, Angry Birds can suck nuts)

Scratch Opposing Force off the list, just beat it! :cheers:

This weekend it was all about the following games...

STARCRAFT 2

I played 1 MP and completely dorked up my build order but one good thing about messing up my order was I improved the area I tend to slack on, which is the part where you start implementing your macro right after you get your basic build order done. The funny thing is, even though that is clearly my weakness right now ...on my 2nd game I earned the achievement 'Protoss Macro Master' ...:lol: ya right

Late last night I started the Challenge Missions and earned Gold on the three races for the first round and Gold for the Zerg on the second round. Funny thing is the Protoss gave me the biggest challenge for getting Gold on Path of Ascension - and that is my race! I literally went from losing 17 units on the 3rd battle (and losing the match) to losing only 2 units in all of wave 3 ...and I wasn't losing the 2 units prior to that so i could have done that wave without losing a single unit GRR. Thought I was gonna have to replay wave 3 again because the 1st and 2nd battle i wasn't losing any units, it was battle 3 (tanks and marauders) of wave 3 I was losing anywhere from 5 to 12 units. Ended up micro'ing that battle so well that I did not lose a single unit to the tanks/marauders ...but I had to have my zealots sit out and collect dust. (worthless unit)

MODERN WARFARE 2

So with all the Call of Doodie threads popping up and my friends talking about how they re-purchased MW2 or got back the ones they loaned out I had an itching to play again. XBL had a deal of 2 months for $2. I found a gift card I got from work a long time ago that was reduced to $2.50 since I hadn't been using it :vmad: ...but on the bright it is the amount i needed to pay for the 2 months and I didn't want to attach a real name or a real credit card to my XBL account.

I am still hated on XBL like you wouldn't believe - as in 75% of the people try to avoid to me... that is with friends upping my approval rate. :erm: I don't know why either because I don't do the standard stuff that annoys people - like noob tubing, knifing, camping. Well I mean I will camp a little or patrol an area but I rarely stay in one spot more than 1-3 minutes. I love running and gunning ...especially charging an area where the enemy is holed up in and taking them all out single handedly ...that's a rush. :wave: I think a lot of people get mad at me because I will get someone and they think I am camping so they will come back without checking their flanks and I will see them and get them again ...sometimes over and over depending how stubborn they are and if they are spawning in the same direction I am running. That's not my fault though.

Still a fun game though ...and I did better than I thought I would since i have only played 1 night this year so far prior to this weekend. Definitely a lot funner without the noob tubers and 1-Man Army nerds in the game.

DEFENSE GRID

OMG this game is addicting ...and frustrating too. Perhaps I am just not good enough at it yet it. The game tells you to conserve resources but it seems like it is extremely cheap on resources, and i'm not even on the last mission. Some missions, if you literally don't micro the hell out of your resources you won't survive. Those missions where you have to make the path you want the enemy to follow I will build this maze like gauntlet and the aliens will still go through them from start to finish mocking me. One mission I lost ZERO cores, did not use the Orbital Laser and still couldn't get the gold medal - wth.

Those are the games I played. I spent the least amount of time on SC2 but had the most fun on it than any of the 3 games. Oh I also played some Tactics Ogre while I sat and waited for my car windows to get tinted. Need to stop slacking on that game as it is a lot of fun. I just don't see how doing the wrong thing equates to doing the right thing. Still puzzled by that and haven't found anything to offer up an explanation as to why.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rate your gaming skills reminded of this. So i was playing thru the challenges on SC2 and it was . me off that I found the Protoss ones to be the hardest when I am a Protoss player. I couldn't figure out how to get gold on Psi Assault so I looked it up on YouTube and gosh damn this guy makes it look easy.

As stupid as I feel I have to say stuff like this also impresses me when gaming devs can provide you a good challenge. A challenge that can be overcome by approaching the problem in a completely different way then you normally think about it. Shame I had to cheat though to find the answer. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRIRZK57mao