What Games Are You Playing?

Fogel

ok playing around with a few ideas, here is the latest. I was up a little too late last night so that might not be a good thing. :lol: This video I sped up the slow parts. I thought this was a good game to test it out it on because even tho my score was 22-2 it has boring footage of me running around at snail pace and even a lil bit of camping at the beginning.

But when I sped it up it made all the noises (game sound + voices) sound like I lit some chipmunks on fire so I had to mute those sections. So it was kind of odd going from a normal pace to fast pace with no sound... soo I applied the Old Film filter to those sections so there is a clear break. Let me know if you think it works or not.

Also what would you think if I added narration to something like this? Feels like it is missing something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ku37iO4xZU

I got 2 subs now - not sure if they're people from here or what but that was a nice surprise.

I think it would be easier to say if the old film filter works or not with a comparison of the two, personally I'm just not a fan of the old film or grainy looks.

I would say just try a game with some narration and upload it if you're curious about it.

I think it would be easier to say if the old film filter works or not with a comparison of the two, personally I'm just not a fan of the old film or grainy looks.

I would say just try a game with some narration and upload it if you're curious about it.

I can always skip the filter but I am mostly curious what people think of me speeding up the slower parts. It reduced the playtime of the video from over 8min to just under 6min. I only did the old film filter so the sped up parts stood out more. Without the filter it just looks the same as the normal gameplay, just hyper speed. You can't really see anything more than you would have without the filter.

Thanks for the comment :)

I had 2 up votes left for the day so DM and Krazy got upvoted for helping me with their opinions. Thanks again guys.

Btw, my friend agrees with you DM - he doesn't like the Old Film filter or how i sped up the gameplay. Next attempt will be narration, if thats not good maybe i will just stick with pure gameplay/sound.

Edited by Fogel

Hectic life atm , not much game time for me :(

PC : SP :

Formula 1 2010 converted to 2011 season - about the only game I have time to play , couple of laps practice per day

Alice : Madness Returns no time to play

Alone in the Dark no time to play, never started

Crysis 2 DX11 + Hi-Res got bored

The Witcher 2 no time to play

Dirt 3 no time to play

PS3 : SP :

LA Noire no time to play

Fifa 11 no time to play

PC

SP:

Osu!

Minecraft

The Sims 3

Solitare (if my internet's being slow or I'm waiting to get into League)

MP:

Osu!

League of Legends - Solmina Arctis if anyone else that plays LoL feels like adding me

MP:

Nothing at the moment since my live is expired, otherwise it would be MW2, Akimbo P90's ftw~

SP:

Deathsmiles

Catherine

Forza Motersport 2

Scot Pilgrim Vs the World: The Game

PS2

SP:

Mana Khemia 2, The Fall of Alchemy

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition

Gamecube:

MP:

Super smash Bros Melee (8 solid months of playtime <.< )

Ok here is the narration attempt, comments will definitely be appreciated. :) It's ok to say i suck if i do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPyJLzue-cw&

Well first off I'd like to say that you did a pretty good job speaking, it was clear and sounds pretty calm. It does however lack a little bit in feeling I guess, it sounds pretty monotone, and maybe a little bit quiet, not in the way of volume but rather it sounds like you're talking in a bit of a shy way, kind of like how when a teacher will ask a student to speak up.

I think the commentary could go either way really, it depends on the viewer mostly I guess. I'm pretty much indifferent about commentary but I do think commentary comes out better if done while playing the game rather than after it, that's just the way I like to see commentary though, like I said, it's probably different to each person.

Awesome, thanks for the comment. :)

Ya I was thinking about that (re: monotone) myself. One of the things that makes Day(9) a really good commentator is you can hear the energy in his voice and the enthusiasm. Not sure that is my personality type but I might try it and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I will stop bugging the people of OCC for feedback. I may post a vid every now and then like Krazy does but I won't solicit replies. I have enough feedback to at least get started. I doubt many are searching for MW2 videos these days but since I still play it they are great practice videos in case I decide to do some casaul (i.e. not full time like Day{9}) videos for BF3.

Indifferent on post commentary is ok, as long as it doesn't hurt it. :) Means I can post a video two ways - with or without. Most will probably be without as I really don't care to talk unless I actually feel like I have something important to say.