Thank Hell for onboard Graphics!!

Twinings

Try flushing your drivers and perhaps even picking up a registry fixing program.

I had very similar problems with my 6950 when I first got it, but grabbed some expensive butt registry program that they advertised on TV and now it's doin just fine. :P

Any suggestions on a Driver flushing software?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still believe thad , you should try the video card in another pc , a friends pc or something to be 100% sure thad the gpu is the problem

Makes sense Cery, ill take it to my brothers place and try in his machine

THis may be a silly question - My graphic drivers are on the same SSD as my OS - but would it work if they were on a different drive?

That should have no bearing on anything at all. They'll end up installed to your OS drive regardless.

Taking the card to your brother's place should shed some light on this situation. :)

Every time I have had an irq not less or equal it was because i had my sound card in the slot right below an AGP video card, or the drivers were having an issue. Like others have suggested, try removing any old drivers that may have left remnants and then begin testing. Really, if you can swing it I would install a fresh copy of windows on another drive and then test. That way you know for sure the system doesn't have any driver fragments left over anywhere.

Damn my life!! Brothers Motherboard is too small and wont accept the 6950 - Even went as far as taking an old MOBO out of a system i had with dead power supply and tried building it out side - but the onboard VGA is in the way of the PCE.

Again system lasted about an hour before crashing (was enjoying my first MS Flight X in all its Eyefinity Glory when it crashed) Why is that its crashing after this same amount of time???? Not as if something (ie Memory, CPU, GPU is reaching a specific temp and shutting down) as i have tested each to their limits and no issues!

Im clueless now

Do you have an older video card to try in there??

Was the second failure during testing in the other pci-e slot??

I have an old video card i could try. Yes i had to remove the internal speaker (just a plug in thing) but last night i tried it in another pci-e slot and same issues

Every time I have had an irq not less or equal it was because i had my sound card in the slot right below an AGP video card, or the drivers were having an issue. Like others have suggested, try removing any old drivers that may have left remnants and then begin testing. Really, if you can swing it I would install a fresh copy of windows on another drive and then test. That way you know for sure the system doesn't have any driver fragments left over anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions - This is a brand new build (just last weekend) No soundcard other than onboard - and no old stagnent drivers - Do you still think a re-install of windows would still could be the answer?