Thank Hell for onboard Graphics!!

Twinings

Well received the new MOBO last week and installed last night - ran the system with flight sim X for over 2 hours and already feels like a much happier machine!

I did manage to bend one of the Processor pins in the process ;) - I managed to somwhow smear thermal paste onto the business end of the processor and fearing a short i took a pin to clean it away "ever so gently" until noticing id just bent one of the pins!!! sat with an open mouth for about 60 seconds before gently persuading it back again, stuck it iin place and off she went, then noticed on boot that 5 cores were active, eeeeeeek - ive killed one! but just went to the BIOS and re-enabled the 6th core (dont know why it was disabled) maybe it sensed an issue!! any way the system is working and ill test for a longer period tonight but im already sensing this could finaly be it! all my RAM is installed too :) I have the BIOS update but didnt flash it (thought if its working leave it) am i right?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well received the new MOBO last week and installed last night - ran the system with flight sim X for over 2 hours and already feels like a much happier machine!

I did manage to bend one of the Processor pins in the process ;) - I managed to somwhow smear thermal paste onto the business end of the processor and fearing a short i took a pin to clean it away "ever so gently" until noticing id just bent one of the pins!!! sat with an open mouth for about 60 seconds before gently persuading it back again, stuck it iin place and off she went, then noticed on boot that 5 cores were active, eeeeeeek - ive killed one! but just went to the BIOS and re-enabled the 6th core (dont know why it was disabled) maybe it sensed an issue!! any way the system is working and ill test for a longer period tonight but im already sensing this could finaly be it! all my RAM is installed too :) I have the BIOS update but didnt flash it (thought if its working leave it) am i right?

Tested for a few days now and not a single issue!! It feels Alien to be issue free - ive been scratching my head since i built the thing about 3 months ago now (why is it always the last place you look!!!!! :) Cheers for the support guys