Diablo 3

tkrow21

Anyone else have an unplayable lag in the beta? It just doesn't update the screen when I'm fighting even though my rig is more than capable enough to run it.

I did.

Re-launch the er... launcher and disable peer-to-peer in there, that should fix the issue.

How do I run the launcher? It just goes straight to the game.

Aha, ummm try running two instances of the game perhaps?

I'm not sure how you would force the launcher to run short of backing up the game data, deleting it and running the game, changing the setting and then copying the data back over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0F2wPZWdYk

Now this is the Diablo I know. Normal is boring mode.

I don't think I'll like the inferno mode or probably even hell but I do like a challenge.

As of right now on the level 10 shaman character I'm playing I have yet to use a single health potion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so much for releasing it... "when it's done"

i'm not sure if you guys have read the news where some guy from the d3 team went on the forums and basically told people to lower their expectations trying to compare the game to movies and crap like that. Then some other guy, I think it was the lead designer went and said that basically it's all bs and that the game is gonna be great. In short, repairing the damage that his coworker could have caused.

Here's the story for those interested.

Edited by sack_patrol

so much for releasing it... "when it's done"

Releasing it without PvP doesn't go against their "when it's done" policy because from the very beginning they said it's NOT a PvP game and they will never make concessions for PvP. If anything, I was reassured by this latest news that PvP wouldn't ruin the game.

Releasing it without PvP doesn't go against their "when it's done" policy because from the very beginning they said it's NOT a PvP game and they will never make concessions for PvP. If anything, I was reassured by this latest news that PvP wouldn't ruin the game.

Yup, I didn't play D2 for the PvP, but it did make it enjoyable and a good change of pace. I will be too busy trying to finish the game before I try to battle PvP.

I don't mind PvP either but it's part of the game game as a whole so they're releasing an unfinished product. It's like saying "hey he's this game, you pay us full price now, but we're gonna give you some of the stuff... later." I guess they can call it free DLC if they wanted to pull a quick one but whatever. It doesn't change things.

Edited by sack_patrol