Diablo 3

tkrow21

Ah, didn't know you cared about soundtracks, I just remember the art book was the main reason you got the SC2 CE :P

Yep, soundtracks are always one of the "must have this" items in a CE for me.

Remember when a normal/regular edition of a game had a huge manual and a bunch of other goodies?

Often times the game manual WAS the strategy guide!

Now artwork, soundtracks (before they were regular sound files you could just rip or easily convertible files)[i/], strategy guides, even tangible maps and extra content is all not included in the regular editions.

Is that all the collectors edition comes with? If so, does not seem worth the extra $40 in my opinion.. Why not some in-game items and a model or something?

"In the Diablo III: Collector's Edition, you will find a copy of the game, a Diablo skull and 4GB Soulstone Flash drive, exclusive in-game content for Diablo III, World of Warcraft, and StarCraft II, a behind the scenes Blu-ray/DVD set, Diablo III artbook, and the soundtrack to the game. The Flash drive includes a copy of Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction so you can replay those classics whenever you want. The artbook has 208 pages that showcases everything from early concept drawings to final 3D renders. The in-game content for Diablo III includes glowing angel wings, an exclusive banner, and armor dye sets. The World of Warcraft item is a fetish shaman pet, while the StarCraft II items are some Battle.net portraits."

from http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/29764/

Remember when a normal/regular edition of a game had a huge manual and a bunch of other goodies?

Often times the game manual WAS the strategy guide!

Now artwork, soundtracks (before they were regular sound files you could just rip or easily convertible files)[i/], strategy guides, even tangible maps and extra content is all not included in the regular editions.

Was more so the case with console games than PC Games but i gotta agree... those were indeed good times! Like you said, many times the supplemented material was better than anything else you could find.

I'm sure I will cave in and buy this game waiting for HotS to release but I'm still skeptical why their production lead left before release ...especially a Blizzard one. If it was EA than I really wouldn't shake two tails at it. I'm sure most of the game was completed at that time, but makes me wonder if quality was the source of drama or design decisions.

Was more so the case with console games than PC Games but i gotta agree... those were indeed good times! Like you said, many times the supplemented material was better than anything else you could find.

Actually, old school PC games often had larger manuals/extras than any console game. They often used the literature as a form of copy protection, telling you to turn to page X and type in word Y in sentence Z.