Diablo 3

tkrow21

Doubtful unless we see an Open Beta in a few days.

I don't think we will get an open beta, unless the developers said we would. I have yet to see Blizzard do an Open Beta on any of its games.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I don't think we will get an open beta, unless the developers said we would. I have yet to see Blizzard do an Open Beta on any of its games.

They did a SC2 Open Beta in South Korea, and the US was essentially an open beta at that point since they were handing out keys like candy.

Update 3: It gets more interesting! When we called the Rochester, Minnesota Best Buy this morning, a manager explained that the sign has been taken down as a directive from the store's "GM" (general manager), not because the manufacturer had asked but because the manufacturer has been "not very firm" in picking a launch date. As many had guessed (per the misspelling of "February," among other things), the signage was made in-house and not sent by Blizzard. If you happen to spot any similar signage in your local big box retailer, don't hesitate to contact us!

They better not delay the release due to South Korea's rating issue. The whole world should not suffer for one country's game ratings board :D Blizzard wants to do a global release, so that unfortunately includes South Korea.

The virtual auction allows users to buy and sell items won during the game, which for many, including the board, resembles gambling.
Edited by Krazyxazn

Blizzard has stated in the past that they never tell retailers release dates prior to making an announcement, and the fact that it was confirmed to be a (poorly misspelled) non-Blizzard made sign, I'm just not believing that's the release date for one second. Also, history has shown the Blizzard gives ample time between announcing a release date and the date itself, not less than a month.

My friend, who has beta access, stayed with me for the weekend, so he let me play. I "beat" the beta with the Demon Hunter. The graphics were great and it was fun, but nothing extraordinary. Runes aren't in the game yet, so skills are pretty bland. I certainly miss the D2 skill tree.

As for our discussion about respeccing, I don't actually get what respeccing would do in this game. Skills simply get unlocked as you level and you can swap them any time you're in town for free. Your stats automatically increase as you level (eg. you don't put points into defense, precision, etc.). So the only thing I can think is that respeccing simply means removing runes from skills. shrug.

Overall, I'd say it was enjoyable, yet I was somewhat disappointed. The beta is only part of the first act and many items aren't even in the game yet, so it's hard to judge it fairly, but I certainly didn't find it as enjoyable as the most recent Action-RPG I played, Torchlight.

Been pretty ho hum about this game since I read this.

WTF! Blizzard Launcher.exe uses 25% and Agent.exe uses 25%,total 50% CPU usage just to download/install Diablo 3 beta. I need to pay attention to CPU/RAM usage while installing games and see if its similar or not.

Played 1h or so of Diablo 3 beta and it was rather meh, at least in the early zone. I'm sure it'll be more fun when you can use all the skill slots, instead the 3 slots unlocked around level 5-6. Diablo was never actually fun at the lower levels anyways.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Hmmm I don't mind if it goes to console like this because it's not going to be a console port to pc and buy the sounds of things it won't do that the other way.

A separate and proper redevelopment for console that could result in a rather different game in terms of gameplay.

Whatever happens still looking forward to this :happy: