GTX 590 Price Guess!

58 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the GTX 590 cost (in USD)?

Really? A equal performance Nivda dual-GPU card will be hotter then an equal performance AMD dual-GPU card.

The problem with saying this is you do not know what they are cooking up now, and are basing your temp guesses on old data. For all we know, the damn thing will ship with liquid nitrogen cooling and those funny rubber scrotums to hang off the back of your case. But we don't know that, so we can't assume that.

My guess would be a 40%-60% performance increase over the 580 due to the dual GPUs. Because of this, it will run a bit hotter, but it will most likely have a different cooling solution due to the card's size requirements for the dual GPU setup and increased heat output. I see it idling maybe 10-20 degrees higher than a 580 AT MOST and costing between $649US - $749US to compete with the 6990 price point.

The problem with saying this is you do not know what they are cooking up now, and are basing your temp guesses on old data. For all we know, the damn thing will ship with liquid nitrogen cooling and those funny rubber scrotums to hang off the back of your case. But we don't know that, so we can't assume that.

My guess would be a 40%-60% performance increase over the 580 due to the dual GPUs. Because of this, it will run a bit hotter, but it will most likely have a different cooling solution due to the card's size requirements for the dual GPU setup and increased heat output. I see it idling maybe 10-20 degrees higher than a 580 AT MOST and costing between $649US - $749US to compete with the 6990 price point.

im guessing it will use the vapor thingy too!

I hope nVidia won't embarrass themselves with another 2 card? graphics card... hey is the 7000 series being released this autumn? i hope they change the name cause the 7000 series is already out ages ago!

maybe like the processors?

thank god for spell check!

lol at comment below!

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Really can you run 5760x1200 with a single card, every game maxed out with smooth FPS? I didn't think so.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/03/07/amd_radeon_hd_6990_antilles_video_card_review/8

89C. GTX 580SLI is 1C above that, sorry my mistake.

Also you wanna be a Grammar Nazi? How about you capitalize the words at the beginning of the sentence or words like "I". See what I did there, I thought I was cool for a second.

Chill out man.

what I think of everytime

Man, one night I'm just laying in my bed, and my Furby starts moving and making sounds... I still have nightmares.

I put it in the microwave, if you're wondering

If I was a betting man I would say the pricing will come in around the $700 mark and most likely be a lot quieter then the 6990.

I hope you're right about the price, history supports your other guess.

Man, one night I'm just laying in my bed, and my Furby starts moving and making sounds... I still have nightmares.

I put it in the microwave, if you're wondering

lol I saw your youtube :rolleyes:

It'll be like $950+

what I think of everytime

furby.jpg

I still remember believing that the Chinese workers that put them together were watching me... I used to make them look at the wall at night when I slept. :rofl: