How much have you spent on a single upgrade?

neddamttocs

59 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you spent on a single upgrade?

• 0-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-300
    • 301-400
    • 401-500
    • 501-600
    • 601-700
    • 701-800
    • 801-900
    • 901-1000
    • 1001+

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the US, you can get the K62 for 100USD!!!

140 AUD = 141 USD

Yep we get ripped of here in Australia - that was the cheapest I could find at that time. Welcome to my life :)

It was still worth it none the less :teehee:

Well not counting building a new computer because while its an upgrade. I dont feel as thought it counts as a single upgrade.

Right up until recently i was an extreme budget builder and even now im still a budget builder, only with a slightly bigger budget. The most i ever spend on a single upgrade i guess was my GTX570 over my HD 5770. The 570 was $360 and i sold the 5770 to my brother for $100. So $260 is the most ive spent on a single upgrade.

I probably average about $ 1,500.00 a year in upgrades. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Beings we have more than 4 running PCs at all times I like to tinker. The good thing is that I scour the forums and buy up alot of the used stuff that isnt too old and that does some of the upgrades for friends and relatives and my kids. I have also bought items from reviewers. I mean most of them are in college and I feel bad they live on Romin Noodle and pop-corn so I like to help where I can LOL

This year is the very FIRST time that I have bought new tech when it came out as usually I buy on the trailing edge. I bought a couple Asus mATX Zacate boards and a couple G-Skill Pheonix Pro SSDs so I am pretty happy atm.

I'd hate to keep a running total the wife might put me in the ground prematurely...then again I have quite a bit of stuff I really need to sell that I havent used at all...NIB still

My biggest upgrade was building my own rig instead of using my parent's rig back in the day. If I remember correctly it cost something like 700 bucks. My current rig was about 400 after some minor upgrades, so it's still not the king of my upgrades.

I was hoping this was for cars too...recently dropped 3k to engine swap my honda, then I wrecked it while driving the speed limit LOL

i feel for those who spend 1k on an intel extreme processor! :lol:

Yet, it's nice to be rich, I'm sure.

The question is:

(1) i7 980x and two GTX 580's = $2000+

or

(4) i7 2500k and two GTX 460 1GB's = $500+ each