PC VS Xbox 360 VS PS3

Black64

So I was wondering how does modern PC hardware compare to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Like in terms of CPU and GPU power. What specs would a PC have to have to be as fast or faster then a Xbox 360 or PS3?

A PC doesn't need all that high of specs to be faster than the consoles. A GTX 260 or HD 4870 for the graphics and at least a tri-core processor running above 2.6GHz will be more than enough to get a PC to replicate a console graphics. The system you have in your sig is vastly superior to anything the 360 or PS3 have internally, just not all PC games require that much power since a good percentage of them are just console ports.

It surprises me when you see how little total ram are in the PS3 and Xbox 360. I think its less then 1GB total(system and GPU) in both. But does that mean a AMD X3 equals a Xbox 360 CPU?

Edited by Black6464

Well the 360 has a tri-core CPU designed by IBM, the Xenon. It is clocked at I believe 3.2GHz but only has 1MB of L2 cache and 64kb total of L1. It is based on the PowerPC architecture, so take from that what you will.

Every current console is inferior in terms of hardware to pretty much any PC with a halfway decent graphics card made in the last few years.

lol yer they dont seem to get it.. my sister was a consolde fangirl... or her boy is.. he was playin metro 2033 on the xbox telling me how good the gfx r... so i went to my dads place one day and he was playing metro with my sister and i was like those r the awesome gfx?? dude.. that fails. come see this on a pc...

he never came to see it.. but my sister came over to check it out.. she fell over.. then i showed her bf2:bc2 and avp... she was beside herself hahaha and i was like.. these r just new dx11 titles that dont utilise its full potential yet.. and it craps on a console.. hahah she wants me to build her a pc now

Yeah I've got a PS3 and PC and I can easily say that MY pc (I cant say all since some people still run celerons and integrated gpu's) is easily way superior than my PS3

The PS3 or any console just cant beat gaming with SSAO , Tessalation with 32xAA and 16xAF on DX11

unfortunatley developers to take the easy route as its easier optimise their games for the "inferior" hardware in the consoles

i game with my ps3 and pc using the same tv and there are a few games that i go "man i wish this were on pc. i really want to crank up the resolution, turn up the anti-aliasing and turn v-sync on"

unfortunatley developers to take the easy route as its easier optimise their games for the "inferior" hardware in the consoles

If I were developing a game I'd probably optimize for consoles too...it's a huge market and it's pretty simple to make sure your game is compatible and well optimized.

my super retro OCd E6600 ( from 06 same year this consoles pos launched) can play 99.9% console games at FULL 2560x1440 @ 60FPS with High detail. ( this with a 85$ gpu!!)

In comparison most -if not all- console games run like this: sub 720p, sub 30fps, low to mid level of detail, sub-par textures, sub. par geometry, pop up, tearing, horrible IQ, no AA, AF, i can go on forever. Any modern gaming pc is 50 times stronger. Current gpus from nvidia @ amd are several generations ahead. in synthesis: consoles are a fkn joke ( except the wii, that one at least is original)

A PC doesn't need all that high of specs to be faster than the consoles. A GTX 260 or HD 4870 for the graphics and at least a tri-core processor running above 2.6GHz will be more than enough to get a PC to replicate a console graphics. The system you have in your sig is vastly superior to anything the 360 or PS3 have internally, just not all PC games require that much power since a good percentage of them are just console ports.

considering the gfx card on the consoles is equivalent to the gt7800 i think they're doing a grand job!the tiple core processor need hyperthreading like the xbox's...can you even compare the ps3's one lol?

considering consoles are cheap they are doing even better...

Yeah I've got a PS3 and PC and I can easily say that MY pc (I cant say all since some people still run celerons and integrated gpu's) is easily way superior than my PS3

The PS3 or any console just cant beat gaming with SSAO , Tessalation with 32xAA and 16xAF on DX11

Thanks for thinking of me :lol:

Edited by Dan The Gamer